01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

SD card stops recording when it's at 100% capacity?

Roelli

I have a dome camera:
Type: DS-2DE4A220IW-DE
Firmware: V5.5.71 build 180725

I am recording 24/7. But when the internal SD card is full, then the recording stops.

Is there a way that the camera automatically overwrites the oldest recordings?

Thanks!

Attachments

• hikvision ERROR.jpg
    hikvision ERROR.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 96
Hi @Roelli

If you go to Storage > Schedule Settings you should see an Advanced button at the top right of the schedule.

Click this and you should see a pop-up menu with a tick box labelled Overwrite, tick this and the camera should overwrite the oldest footage on the MicroSD card.

Also, I noticed your PTZ is running very old firmware. You're currently using a 2018 firmware and the latest firmware is v5.6.18 which was released in 2021.

You can find all the firmware versions for your camera HERE, as you are quite a few versions behind we would recommend updating the firmware to each of the following versions one at a time - V5.6.0_190128 / V5.6.11_190426 / V5.6.18_210428

In schedule settings, click on the Advanced button, and then make sure that Overwrite is ticked:

Overwrite 24-8-23.png

Thanks a lot!

I could not upgrade the firmware within the browser. That's why I never updated anything.
But after looking some youtube videos and google I found out that I can use the IVMS-4200 Software - and that worked!

Actually the "overwrite" checkbox was already checked. So hopefully the new firmware will fix the problem.

I have 3 other models (cheaper ones) but... somehow it's a bit hard to find the right firmware.
I tried locating the right firmware, but... "firmware mismatch".
These are the camera models. Or aren't they upgradable somehow?
DS-2CD2120F-IW
DS-2CD2443G0-IW
DS-2CD2146G2-ISU

Will try to figure it out. Or is there an "easy" way to update the firmware? I mean... I can check for new firmware in the ivms software - but... it never says that there is a new version available. (even if there IS an old version installed and a new version exists)

Thanks!
Hey... somehow I can now see a picture/live stream in the browser again! Cool! :)

Last edited:
Hmm... somehow the "problem-camera" says:
Status... "Uninitialized".

I can format... but... that does not help. Probably I have to change the SD-Card?

norecording.jpg

I can check for new firmware in the ivms software - but... it never says that there is a new version available. (even if there IS an old version installed and a new version exists)
The firmware update check in iVMS, Hik-Connect app and on the NVR/DVR does not work in Europe. It's only functional in the US and China.

Doesn't work in the US either on the NVR. Never tried it in the app and don't use IVMS.
Interesting...That was the answer I got from Hikvision UK's training instructor earlier in the week when I queried it. He said that was the case for both the firmware update and cloud storage

Hi @Roelli

In regards to the MicroSD storage, are you saying that even after formatting the card it still says "Uninitialized"?

In regards to the firmware for your other cameras, see the below links:

DS-2CD2120F-IW --- R0 Firmware
DS-2CD2443G0-IW --- G1 Firmware
DS-2CD2146G2-ISU --- Most likely a G3 Firmware / If the G3 firmware doesn't work then try the G5 Firmware

In regards to the MicroSD storage, are you saying that even after formatting the card it still says "Uninitialized"?

Exaclty!
I tried it several times.
I restarted the camera... tried it again... does not work.

Maybe I need to change the SD-card? (it's of course the camera where it's most complicated to change the sd card) like always :)

Hi @Roelli

If the SD card is still showing "Uninitialized" after formatting that would suggest there might be a fault with the MicroSD card, please try another card and see if anything changes.

In regards to the firmware, can you confirm what firmware version the DS-2CD2120F-IW camera is currently running?

Okay,

In the folder for the latest v5.4.800 firmware, there is a little note that says the below models are compatible with this version:

DS-2CD1?32
DS-2CD2?22
DS-2CD2?12
DS-2CD2?31

As your camera is a DS-2CD2?20 model it is not compatible with this firmware version and the latest/last firmware update for that model will be the firmware version it is currently running.

if the SD card is still showing "Uninitialized" after formatting that would suggest there might be a fault with the MicroSD card, please try another card and see if anything changes.

Ok, I will order a new microSD card. Any recommendations regarding speed, manufacturer and maximum size?

We sell/recommend Samsung MicroSD cards and for an older model like this, we probably wouldn't recommend going larger than 128GB as the camera may not have been tested with the larger cards.

You don't have to go with Samsung cards, if you do go with another brand we would recommend only using cards that are SDXC and Class 10.

Back