01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Service Provider Has Disabled You From All Operating Channel(s)

Barton

Good afternoon, and first off let me apologise for my lack of knowledge regarding the installation and the HIKVisions products. I am technical, but the friend that has the HIK kit is not :( I'm not keen on delving into the internals until I can work out where to look.

The box and cameras are working, wifi is active. The system was installed about 3 years ago, so not a new installation. In early December, both their mobile phones (iPhones) came up with the message below. Haven't managed to make it work since.

HIK_App_Error.jpeg

Numerous times the installation company has been out to fix issues and failures, but at great cost, and fails again soon after. Now, as a friend, I've stepped in to try and get the system functioning again.

Sorry to be so vague, but I haven't had much technical handover given to me, and any advice, or where to start looking would be really helpful.

Thank you again for your time,

Barton.

Wow first I’ve heard of this. Not sure what to say but will be watching the thread.

Hi @Barton,
Do the box and cameras have any model numbers?

The key to this is if your friends have admin rights to change settings,
Do your friends view the cameras on a pc or monitor connected to the NVR / DVR? If they do what user names do they use? Don’t post any passwords.

David

Evening @David,

I've not really looked at the hard-wired kit, but assume that they must have some model numbers, etc somewhere. I'll see if he's around in the morning and take a few pics.

I'm sure he's been given a whole raft of documentation, but that's like giving vinyl matt emulsion to an artist.
A monitor is connected to the box in a shed next to the barn, all online and working. Think names of the cameras are "Camera 01", "Camera 02" and "Camera 03". Unless you mean user names on the network, then I have no clue at all.

I can get some more details tomorrow when he's around.

Thanks for your reply and questions. Have a good evening,

Barton.

@Barton, find out if they have access to their online hikconnect admin account (username and password).
The screenshot seems to suggest that the installer is a Hikvision partner who has primary admin access and has shared but now revoked access to their customer (OP's friend).

Numerous times the installation company has been out to fix issues and failures, but at great cost, and fails again soon after. Now, as a friend, I've stepped in to try and get the system functioning again.
We could probably help you unbind the device and re-add it however not knowing the full history and the strong suspicion of sabotage and how far your friend wants to take this, if I were you I would contact Hikvision tech support on Tuesday and be with the device itself and a laptop and explain the above. They don't usually assist end users however they will be very interested hearing about one of their partners abusing their platform to sabotage systems in order to generate revenue.

The screenshot seems to suggest that the installer is a Hikvision partner who has primary admin access and has shared but now revoked access to their customer (OP's friend).

We could probably help you unbind the device and re-add it however not knowing the full history and the strong suspicion of sabotage and how far your friend wants to take this, if I were you I would contact Hikvision tech support on Tuesday and be with the device itself and a laptop and explain the above. They don't usually assist end users however they will be very interested hearing about one of their partners abusing their platform to sabotage systems in order to generate revenue.
A few years ago I helped a small business recover access to their router/NVR/cameras, a rogue cctv company was using them as a cash cow. I suspected the same here and wanted to help.

Thank you @David and @RetiredDinosaur. My friend managed to log in via the browser to find that the system was "Offline". I sent a link to one of the HIKVision self-help videos and will find out tomorrow about the level of success.

Interesting regarding a restrictive system, if that is the case. Thank you again for your input and will be back soon. Best wishes.

By pure coincidence, this issue happened to a site I manage with the end user registered as the main account on Hik-Connect so contrary to prior belief, this is most probably something innocent and related to Bugvision's managed platform itself rather than treachery by your installer.

You should de-authorise your installer as the maintainer of your system in the services tab of Hik-Connect and this should clear up the error

Back