01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Setting live streaming di website

Anam

mohon bantuannya setting NVR HIK DS 7600 series, IP CAM HIK DS 2CD2T46G2 ISU/SL, serta EZVIZ C8C dan User minta tampil Live Streaming di website nya, langkah apa yg harus sy lakukan, mohon petunjuknya secara detail.

Please help setting up the NVR HIK DS 7600 series, IP CAM HIK DS 2CD2T46G2 ISU/SL, and EZVIZ C8C and the user asks for Live Streaming to appear on the website, what steps should I do, please provide detailed instructions.

Hi @Anam

You will need to use the RTSP stream from the camera to embed it on the website.

This is how to create the RTSP URL:

rtsp://<NVR's Public IP Address>:<Opened RTSP Port>/Streaming/Channels/<channel number that the camera is on><stream number>

Example 1:
rtsp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:554/Streaming/channels/101
This will give you the stream for the main stream (01) of a camera on channel 1 (1) which is using RTSP port 554.

Example. 2:

rtsp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:300/Streaming/channels/1002
This will give you the stream for the sub steam (02) of a camera on channel 10 (10) which is using RTSP port 300.

For it to work:
  1. You cannot use H.264+ or H.265+ encoding.

2. The stream cannot be encrypted - you can only disable encryption directly on the NVR's local GUI by going to:

System > Network > Advanced > Platform Access > Enable Stream Encryption [untick]

3. The RTSP Port for the camera must be opened/forwarded on your router - in the NVR's web browser interface, go to:

System > Network > TCP/IP> NAT > RTSP Port

(If this is set to the default of port 554, I would recommend changing it to another port on your router (can be any), for security purposes).
    You can use this website to check that the port has been successfully opened - Open Port Check Tool -- Verify Port Forwarding on Your Router

Please note that this URL will require the user to input their username/password for the camera whenever they want to view the stream. If they do not want this, then they will need to use the second URL explained in this post:

rtsp://<Username>:<Password>@<NVR's Public IP Address>:<Opened RTSP Port>/Streaming/Channels/<Channel number that the camera is on><Stream number>

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for all your contributions and information.

@Kyle when you write "<NVR's Public IP Address>" in the four row, where I can get or assign a Public IP Address for the NVR? Because I have 192.168.0.255:554 and that's a private IP inside the Router Network. I can get a Public IP Adress for the Router but that's not the public address of the NVR (note: NVR is connected by ethernet to Router). I imagine if I use the Router IP Adress in RTSP will fail since is a IP for the Router not for NVR. What should I do or consider?

Furthermore, If I open port 554, why is more dangerous than open a random port? If NVR has user+password is secure I think, right? Or there is any danger of opening ports?

Thanks!

Hi @Anam

You will need to use the RTSP stream from the camera to embed it on the website.

This is how to create the RTSP URL:

rtsp://<NVR's Public IP Address>:<Opened RTSP Port>/Streaming/Channels/<channel number that the camera is on><stream number>

Example 1:
rtsp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:554/Streaming/channels/101
This will give you the stream for the main stream (01) of a camera on channel 1 (1) which is using RTSP port 554.

Example. 2:

rtsp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:300/Streaming/channels/1002
This will give you the stream for the sub steam (02) of a camera on channel 10 (10) which is using RTSP port 300.

For it to work:
  1. You cannot use H.264+ or H.265+ encoding.

2. The stream cannot be encrypted - you can only disable encryption directly on the NVR's local GUI by going to:

System > Network > Advanced > Platform Access > Enable Stream Encryption [untick]

3. The RTSP Port for the camera must be opened/forwarded on your router - in the NVR's web browser interface, go to:

System > Network > TCP/IP> NAT > RTSP Port

(If this is set to the default of port 554, I would recommend changing it to another port on your router (can be any), for security purposes).
    You can use this website to check that the port has been successfully opened - Open Port Check Tool -- Verify Port Forwarding on Your Router

Please note that this URL will require the user to input their username/password for the camera whenever they want to view the stream. If they do not want this, then they will need to use the second URL explained in this post:

rtsp://<Username>:<Password>@<NVR's Public IP Address>:<Opened RTSP Port>/Streaming/Channels/<Channel number that the camera is on><Stream number>

Upvote 0
I can get a Public IP Adress for the Router but that's not the public address of the NVR (note: NVR is connected by ethernet to Router). I imagine if I use the Router IP Adress in RTSP will fail since is a IP for the Router not for NVR. What should I do or consider?
@tiger1975 - the public IP for the router is exactly what you would use. Without port forwarding, when an incoming packet is received for a given port the router just drops it (unless it’s part of an already established connection initiated from within the local network). The port forwarding rule specifies that incoming port and the internal IP address to send it to. For example if my public IP address (router) was 10.10.10.10 and my NVR local address was 192.168.1.100, I could set up a rule for all incoming TCP connections on port 554 and 8000 to be sent to 192.168.1.100. That would allow me add the NVR directly to Hik-Connect using IP address 10.0.10.10 (rather than via Hik-Connect cloud P2P service). I would never leave those RTSP or Server ports at their defaults as they’re well known.

Using and forwarding different ports isn’t necessarily any safer as the port is still open. However it could help prevent nuisance login attempts from bots. When using default ports I’ve seen NVRs get hammered with thousands of illegal login attempts over the space of an hour or two.

Edit: just noticed you’re posting in two threads and I hadn’t read the history in the other…..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back