01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Setting up remote viewing of Hikvision NVR (DS-7604NI-K1) using Xiaomi Ax3000 router and No-IP for DDNS?

Heathrow

Greetings all,

I am having problems setting up remote viewing for my Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1 NVR probably because I still don’t understand port forwarding (everything I tried didn’t work). Here are some infos:
  • I am using the Xiaomi Ax3000 router which allows DDNS (here I entered my No-IP details).
  • I’ve enabled UPnP on the router and also on the configuration section of the NVR.
  • On the NVR UPnP, I can see the same external IP address as on the DDNS section on the Router (on the router it’s calling it WAN IP). This is also the address I see on my No-IP account.
  • On the UPnP of the router, I can see my NVR internal address (i.e. not the same as Router and No-IP site).
There are 4 combinations of external and internal ports that are listed, what do I put in the Port Forwarding Rules? I mean what IP address and what internal port and external port? Or is there something I'm not doing right?

Thanks

Just to check, before anybody provides assistance to you to achieve this setup, that you are conscious that you will NOT be able to receive PUSH alerts in the Hik-Connect App if you set it up as you describe?

Just to check, before anybody provides assistance to you to achieve this setup, that you are conscious that you will NOT be able to receive PUSH alerts in the Hik-Connect App if you set it up as you describe?
Hi Phil,
I just don't have a clue about what I'm doing.. What should I be doing?

Hi @Heathrow - most people don't use port-forwarding / DDNS to add devices to the app anymore, as it's limiting and complicated.
If you have a strong password set, then it's best to add the camera via the Hik-Connect servers, which most do and lets you receive notifications.
You can also leave the encryption key on the NVR if you want a second layer of security.
This guide covers everything you need to do to get your NVR added to the app:

Very good guide thanks. I've followed the instructions but still no luck.
On the Hik-connect link (after putting details and verification code), first it says the connection is unsecured, but when I press to say go to site anyways, then is says "the site can't be reached" and "the IP address refused to connect".
Any ideas why?
Also should UPnP be enabled on Router, NVR and CAM or not?

Sorry, I think it might be an old URL in that link...
Try this one - https://ieu.hik-connect.com/

Or, if you're still struggling, you can try scanning the QR code on your NVR's Platform Access page in the app (download Hik-Connect, create your account / sign in, then press Add > QR code) :)

I have the right Hik-connect link, but it's still not working. What should the CAM and NVR server ports and Http ports be?? should they be different?
Both have the same server port (8000) and different http ports (i.e non-default), is this a correct set-up?
Also, should UPnP be enabled on NVR, CAM and router or not?

You can disable UPnP on all three, it's not needed and the setup will be more secure without it.

If you're forwarding the ports for remote access from a browser, then these should probably be different, so change the server ports to something else which are different on each device.

Make sure you have set the correct Gateway addresses on the NVR and camera (the router's address if you have them on your local network), and make sure you have set DNS servers.

When you say it's still not working, what's happening? Are you getting an error message when adding the serial number?

Hello again,
About the Hik-connect:
The serial numbers work fine and both the hikvision CAM and NVR are registered and appear on the Device Management list.
All the UPnP are disabled as you advised (on router, CAM and NVR), and the UPnP is on "auto" on the hik-connect.com (where you can edit on the "device operation" column).
When I click on the IP/Port No. link that has a IP number and "automatically' generated IP address and port numbers, it just says the following:

This site can’t be reached​

83.1.161.117 took too long to respond.
Try:
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Any idea why this is happening???? I think I'm doing everything correctly...

Following on the previous post, but this time with the NO-IP/router DDNS and port forwarding:
I can get to the hikvision NVR and CAM web link access page from my local network (using my no-IP host credentials and a port number), but when I disconnect from my home wifi and instead use my phone's personal hotspot, it doesn't work.
HELP!!!! Nothing is working to be able to access my CAM or NVR from outside the local network!!! I don't mind if it's through the hik-connect.com OR the router/DDNS/port forwarding, I just need one way to work for me...

The serial numbers work fine and both the hikvision CAM and NVR are registered and appear on the Device Management list.
OK, this is a good sign. Are their statuses showing as 'online'?
If so, ignore the link in the 'IP/Port No.' column in the Hik-Connect web portal, as you don't need to use this for remote access.

You now just need to use the Hik-Connect account you have created to log in to the app on a phone or tablet for the app access.
Then, your cameras should be there for you to view on the homepage.

From a PC, you can use the iVMS-4200 software, click on the cloud button in the top-right corner, and then log in to your Hik-Connect account in the pop-up window:

Hik-Connect login button in iVMS-4200.png

Hik-Connect login box in iVMS-4200.png

Your cameras will then be available to view in the 'Main View' and 'Playback' pages of the software.

BTW, when you first download iVMS-4200, you'll be taken to a page where you create a new login, but this is a completely separate login for the software and you don't need to use the Hik-Connect account credentials here.

It seems to be working now through hik-connect (I used my phone's personal hotspot).

Thanks a million for your first class help.

Take care.

Brilliant - no worries, glad you got it sorted :)

Back