01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Which Firmware for my ds-7604NI-k1/4P NVR?

maxcars1

Which is the most up to date firmware for this NVR? Apologies but I'm confused that what I'm see on my Hik connect app and NVR doesn't marry up to what I'm seeing on the portal.

ds-7604NI-k1/4P

I have this showing on the maintenance tab: v4.75.200.build 231110

Last edited:
Which is the most up to date firmware for this NVR? Apologies but I'm confused that what I'm see on my Hik connect app and NVR doesn't marry up to what I'm seeing on the portal.
Ignore your NVR/Hik-Connect app with regard to 'no available update' or 'latest version installed'. The update check has never worked. To add to that Hikvision now advise against using the portals as they're no longer kept up to date. That's a huge step back, as the product pages generally only show current models and the search on the Firmware Download page is hit and miss.

Your model, from your existing version and build date of 4.75.200_231110 your NVR, appears to be the DS-7604NI-K1/4P (D). The latest firmware looks to be 4.76.010_231113 and is available on the global download page here (input 7604 in the search box and you'll see it):

However nowhere can I find a firmware that states it is suitable for the /4P model...

Going forward, I've no idea how an installer, let alone an end user, will be able to locate up to date firmware once a model is no longer sold (as is the case in the UK for your DS7604NI-K1/4P)

Ignore your NVR/Hik-Connect app with regard to 'no available update' or 'latest version installed'. The update check has never worked. To add to that Hikvision now advise against using the portals as they're no longer kept up to date. That's a huge step back, as the product pages generally only show current models and the search on the Firmware Download page is hit and miss.

Your model, from your existing version and build date of 4.75.200_231110 your NVR, appears to be the DS-7604NI-K1/4P (D). The latest firmware looks to be 4.76.010_231113 and is available on the global download page here (input 7604 in the search box and you'll see it):

However nowhere can I find a firmware that states it is suitable for the /4P model...

Going forward, I've no idea how an installer, let alone an end user, will be able to locate up to date firmware once a model is no longer sold (as is the case in the UK for your DS7604NI-K1/4P)

thank you so much for commenting on my query. So just to clarify, my NVR is now not sold in the UK an your saying that there's no confirmed firmware update file for this model?
so are we saying when an update was carried out as per my other post 'Please Help' that this installed the 4.75 version either through the NVR or when I upgrade the device version under the Hikvision App? Im concerned that this global attack on the Hikvsion has targeted my NVR and I've opened a backdoor into my router :(

apologies but is this model affected by the global affect on Hikvison products?

So just to clarify, my NVR is now not sold in the UK an your saying that there's no confirmed firmware update file for this model?
That model is no longer sold in the UK. If you go on the Hikvision website and navigate to NVRs > Pro Series All, then filter the results down to 4 channel models, you'll see that it is not in the results (the NXI model appears to be considered its replacement). Because your specific model is not on the site, there is no firmware update link there. The portal(s) (that used to be the best source for all firmware past and current for models past and current) is no longer up to date. Hikvision recommend using the website product page, which no longer exists as it's not a current model. On the global (not UK) website, the non PoE version of your model is listed with a marginally newer version. The likelihood, is that it's the same platform and can be used, but in the absence of release notes with the file that explicitly list the /4P model, I can't be sure (the non PoE model was never available in the UK)

so are we saying when an update was carried out as per my other post 'Please Help' that this installed the 4.75 version either through the NVR or when I upgrade the device version under the Hikvision App?
Correct. And that is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Im concerned that this global attack on the Hikvsion has targeted my NVR and I've opened a backdoor into my router :(
It hasn't and you haven't. If the firmware updated via your Hik-Connect app then it came from Hikvision; if the firmware updated by clicking a link/notification on your NVR it came from Hikvision. You haven't opened a back door on your router. Looking at the post linked here...:

...the D revision of the 7604Ni-K1/4P that you have is not on the affected list.

Thank you JB1970 - I can now sleep, I haven't properly for past 4 night.s worrying My issue now is that I had my system installed 1 yr ago, and gets me thinking that I should have had the NXI model installed. It seems that there's no life left in the NVR :(

Thank you JB1970 - I can now sleep, I haven't properly for past 4 night.s worrying My issue now is that I had my system installed 1 yr ago, and gets me thinking that I should have had the NXI model installed. It seems that there's no life left in the NVR :(
I wouldn't worry about it, it's still considered a recent NVR. It's probably a commercial decision by Hikvision to drop the standard model in favour of the NXI AcuSense model.

It'll probably continue to be updated for some time, there's just a bit of a mess at the moment regarding the best place to locate the appropriate firmware files. Some hated using the portals but I found it easy to navigate and find the correct files.

Comforting to know - I have acusense and colorvu cameras and don't mind paying for a newer NXI model. Your thoughts on this?

Im assuming I can just swap the SATA HD over and reconfigure the system again?

Should I email Hikvison direct to ascertain the firmware to keep my warranty?

Last edited:
Comforting to know - I have acusense and colorvu cameras and don't mind paying for a newer NXI model. Your thoughts on this?

Im assuming I can just swap the SATA HD over and reconfigure the system again?
I don't think you would see much benefit. One thing I like on the recent NXI firmware, is the ability to filter playback in the Hik-Connect app to Human. Vehicle etc similar to how you would on the NVR screen. That feature is available only on certain models with the latest firmware. You might already have that and if you don't there may be an update in due course. Also, if you have AcuSense cameras already, then you don't need that feature on the NXI model (using it on the camera as you currently will be, is far less restrictive)

If you did decide to upgrade, you can just switch the SATA across and initialise (format) it in the new NVR. You would be setting up the system from scratch so would have to be sure that you had the admin password of the existing cameras (usually the same as the NVR, but if different it can be revealed in the NVR camera menu page by entering the NVR admin password)

Back