01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Share notifications are not showing on Hik-Connect app?

ksio89

I have the latest version of the Android app (5.0.2.1213) installed in my smartphone and I have an issue where push notifications sent when I share a DVR with other users, which I am an admin of, are not showing. I also tried sharing via QR Code, device serial number, Hik-Connect web and iVMS-4200 (also latest build), but the notification to authorize the sharing never arrives in my or in other devices. I believe this bug was introduced after one the recent updates, which modified the user interface extensively, because it was working flawlessly in the old UI.

Actually, I think the app is not even sending anything. All devices have the app with permission to show Notifications, so I have no clue what's going on. I tested several devices running different versions of the app, and neither of them receives the notifications. I wonder if the issue resides in Hik-Connect cloud service itself, like it's not forwarding the requests and authorizations or something like that.

Is there any other way to share a DVR with other devices running Hik-Connect when the notifications don't appear?

What model DVR do you have please?
Is it running the latest firmware?

What model DVR do you have please?
Is it running the latest firmware?
It's a HiLook DVR-116Q-K1, and yes, it has the latest firmware installed. But the issue is on the app itself, which does not show notifications. I'll try to set up another device as admin and test again to see if the notification arrives.

Back