01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Slow hik connect live view?

badayuni92

Hi I hope you are all well

I've been using hik connect for my cctv set up for the past year without any issues at all. When connected to my home wifi network the live view has always loaded instantly in HD. When connecting over 4g the live view has also loaded quickly in basic, but as expected to load the HD view takes a while, which is fine as the basic is instant.

I've noticed today though, a massive slow down in the cameras loading on the live view, both via my wifi network and via 4g. The issue is the same for all devices I have added hik connect to, which is a mixture of android and ios devices.

I was just wondering if anyone knows what I can do to resolve this please.

I have the DS-7604NI-K1-4P nvr running what I believe is the latest firmware V4.30.010 build200715

I am running 4 x DS-2CD2347G2-LU cameras on my system. Again I believe these are running the latest firmware of V5.5.160 build210416

The hik connect firmware version is v4.21.2.0307

Via Hikconnect i have created another "site" using the ip address of my nvr. The live streams load instantly in HD via this method.

My broadband provider is virgin media and my connection speeds are 200mbps download 20mbps upload. I'm connecting using an Asus router

I have configured my nvr via dhcp as opposed to assigning it a static ip address

The fact the cameras load instantly when using hik connect via the nvr ip address suggests to me an issue with hik connect

Any help would really be aappeciated.

If you manually add a camera into your hikconnect app (via local IP of a camera) do you still experience slow loading on WiFi?

If you manually add a camera into your hikconnect app (via local IP of a camera) do you still experience slow loading on WiFi?

In addition to adding the nvr via its ip address can you also add individual cameras using the relevant ip address?

I've tried adding one of the cameras and am just getting a "connection fsil" error

In addition to adding the nvr via its ip address can you also add individual cameras using the relevant ip address?

I've tried adding one of the cameras and am just getting a "connection fsil" error
Apologies I have just realised you are probably using the virtual host built into the NVR.

Are you still seeing the same issues?
Hik-connect effectively uses Hikvision servers to serve thousands of users - occasional/transient web issues with such a service are kind of inevitable.
Some people skip Hik-Connect and route direct to avoid these issues.
The downside then being that you cannot receive Push notifications.

Are you still seeing the same issues?
Hik-connect effectively uses Hikvision servers to serve thousands of users - occasional/transient web issues with such a service are kind of inevitable.
Some people skip Hik-Connect and route direct to avoid these issues.
The downside then being that you cannot receive Push notifications.

Hi yes I am still seeing the same issue. I need the push notifications so have refrained from going the direct route

How do I set up the “direct route”? I’m using HIK-Vision and as I posted on my own new thread today I’m experiencing something similar around slow or sometimes failing to load in Basic or HD quality on HIK Connect when not on home WiFi. Thanks

How do I set up the “direct route”? I’m using HIK-Vision and as I posted on my own new thread today I’m experiencing something similar around slow or sometimes failing to load in Basic or HD quality on HIK Connect when not on home WiFi. Thanks
The hik connect issue resolved itself about a week after I posted. It's back to working as it should and has been ever since. I think like Phil said it was likely caused by an issue with hik servers

In terms of the direct route I didn't bother with this as I need the push notifications to alert me if I'm not at home.

There is a really helpful guide on here to setting up the direct route I can't find it now though. It involved assigning the nvr and cameras ip addresses and various other steps

Back