01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Smart Tracking 3.0 setup on the 2024 DS-8225IX-AEL (T5) PTZ camera?

shaunj187za

Good Day All,

I have googled this quite a bit and there is NOT a lot of people talking about it.
I was hoping to find some like-minded individuals who can assist / advise on Hikvision's Smart Tracking 3.0.
I have used many Smart Tracking 2.0 PTZ, I understand the "Complications" smart track introduces as it is BY FAR not a perfect system.

I would like to speak about the DS-8225ix AEL (T5) Black Box. It shipped with the firmware:
V5.8.0 build 221214.
This PTZ sports the new NVR Firmware look, which is pretty cool, however everything has moved from the previous version.

Currently I have the DS-2DF8250I8X-AEL (Firmware: V5.5.810 build 211009) and this sports the traditional Hikvision web interface and this unit seems to run perfectly.

Onto my first "issue" on the new DS-8225ix AEL (T5):
It clearly states that "Smart Track is not a priority and patrols and patterns will take preference.
From a default standpoint the Smart Track is working better than previous versions.

HOWEVER, when I set a PTZ linkage (which seems to work well/ responded faster) it does NOT track the pedestrian it is supposed to.
Please see this link to the video and let me know your thoughts.

I have been told I will need to set a smart rule on the preset of where the linkage sends the PTZ to, and thus it will trigger the smart track once the rule has been broken.
(that was actually quiet a mouthful, i hope that makes sense)

The Previous version of the DS-8225ix AEL (that was a (C) with 2019 firmware) did NOT require a smart event to trigger the auto tracking once a PTZ linkage has been acted on.

1) Am I correct in my understanding here?
2) If I draw a line crossing on the desired PRESET, when the PTZ goes back to initial position ( or Home) as it is called now it takes the rule with it. Is it supposed to take the rule with it? Or am I doing something wrong?
3) Once the PTZ linkage has been acted on it takes about 5 seconds for the RULES to appear on the screen. And sometimes, if the person is walking too fast, he will walk past the line crossing before the rule has appeared on the screen. (I am not saying that is why the auto tracking is not happening, but that sounds like a flawed system).

Please watch video and let me know your thoughts.

Regards

2024 PTZ.jpg
Video Link

Back