01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

PTZ Linkage to a *SmartTrack* PTZ (AEL)?

shaunj187za

In the NVR i have setup a PTZ linkage from a Acusense Camera to Non Acusense PTZ with Smart Track.
Once the PTZ has spun around to the smart event dictated by the Acusense G2 Camera will it continue to "SmartTrack " the object/person?

Hi @shaunj187na ... I have this setup using a DS-2CD2387G2-LU line crossing event to send an old model DS-2DE4A320IW-DE PTZ to a preset... but, when the PTZ gets to the preset, it seems to take several seconds before it's ready to start smart tracking... so, I have the PTZ preset adjusted to where I expect the target to be several seconds later... then, it smart tracks, but only as well as it smart tracks overall :) ... works ok. I imagine newer model PTZ's would work better.

There is a possibly better method where you have an intrusion zone (or some other smart event) set up on the PTZ where the preset lands, and smart tracking gets enabled then... I think it's supposed to pick up the target better... but again, with my PTZ the delay after moving to a preset complicates things.

Screenshot 2024-03-02 192412.png

What model PTZ do you have?

DS-2DF7232IX-AEL(T3)​

SADP Tool picks it up as a DS-2DF7286. Thanks for the info on the delay and putting it slightly forward as to where u expect them to be after the delay.

It seems my tinkering has broken the smart track on the line crossing, it still works on the intrusion detection which i find strange. I have done a factory reset on the PTZ and have only logged into the PTZ's web interface to enable smart track, set initial position and the Max zoom depth.

I have been told to set all events via the NVR only. Even though i have had more success from within the PTZ itself.

I Have a DS-7732NXI-I4, since this unit is can give 4 non Acusense the Acusense features/Markers. I would love to get the Human & Vehicle markers within HiK Connect on my Legacy PTZ.

So i don't have to go buy an Acusense PTZ with Smart Track which costs$$$$$

Hi @shaunj187na ... I have this setup using a DS-2CD2387G2-LU line crossing event to send an old model DS-2DE4A320IW-DE PTZ to a preset... but, when the PTZ gets to the preset, it seems to take several seconds before it's ready to start smart tracking... so, I have the PTZ preset adjusted to where I expect the target to be several seconds later... then, it smart tracks, but only as well as it smart tracks overall :) ... works ok. I imagine newer model PTZ's would work better.

There is a possibly better method where you have an intrusion zone (or some other smart event) set up on the PTZ where the preset lands, and smart tracking gets enabled then... I think it's supposed to pick up the target better... but again, with my PTZ the delay after moving to a preset complicates things.

View attachment 10684

Hello Johnfitzy!

Have you or anyone ever used a 60w POE to power the DS-2DF7286-AEL ?

This Link Suggests it can work...
Screenshot 2024-03-24 152946.png

Have you or anyone ever used a 60w POE to power the DS-2DF7286-AEL ?

Howdy @shaunj187za ... I don't have that camera... my old PTZ is connected to a PoE port on the NVR and only draws about 10W... from the specifications you provided it looks like a 60W PoE injector should work?

View attachment 10684

Thanks Again for the info. The Delay was defaintly there.
but the good news is.......
When the PTZ linkage was triggered the PTZ snapped in the correct direction and when the target move into the preset the smart track picked up the target and followed it out the scene. HOWEVER. I dont think smart track has progresses in in the last 10 years as there is only 2 options to customise the smart track effect. "Set Zoom Ratio" has been there for years. then new one is "Zoom Ratio whilst Tracking" and you can modify the percentage......

Back