01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Strange 2 Way Audio Problem - every time after I use 2 way talk the output volume decreases?

robot.kantam

Hello,

I have this hardware as my IP Camera System
NVR : DS-7616NXI-K2 (V4.83.005 build 240802)
PoE Switch : DS-3E1318P-EI/M (V2.0.9 build 230804)
IP Camera : DS-2DE2C400MWG-E (V5.8.1 build 231116)

Each IP Camera is connected to PoE Switch. NVR is connected to Hik Connect Cloud.

I use Hik Connect App on my Samsung S20+ android phone. I have no issue with the feature except for 2 way audio. I set output volume on IP Cam to 100, but every time after I use 2 way talk, output volume decrease. I have 4 cameras and all cameras behave same.

I try to turn off Environment Noise Filter but still output volume decrease after 2 way talk. Does anyone have same issue? Maybe i miss something in the camera, NVR or Hik Connect settings?

Thanks

Hi @robot.kantam - that is a strange issue!

I'm not aware of a setting which would cause this..
When you say the output volume decreases, do you see this reflected in the cameras' audio settings by it reducing from 100?

Also, how much does it decrease by?

Which version of Hik-Connect are you using too please?

Hi @robot.kantam - that is a strange issue!

I'm not aware of a setting which would cause this..
When you say the output volume decreases, do you see this reflected in the cameras' audio settings by it reducing from 100?

Also, how much does it decrease by?

Which version of Hik-Connect are you using too please?
Yes, I noticed that the output volume decreases from 100%. Initially, I observed this through the HikPro Partner website, so I thought it might be a bug in HikPro Partner. After I got home, I tried accessing the camera directly using the IP address, and every time two-way audio was activated, I checked the Configuration -> Video/Audio -> Audio -> Output Volume menu. The volume kept decreasing.

Lastly, I observed the volume decreasing in the following steps: 100% - 80% - 64% - 51% - 40% - 32% - 25% - 20% - 16% - 12% - 9% - 7% - 5% - 4% - 3% - 2% - 1% - 0%.

When the volume reaches 0%, the camera stops producing any sound.

I am using Hik Connect version 6.6.0.0822, but I think the issue is not with the Hik Connect app or the NVR since the problem also occurs when the camera is accessed directly.

Thanks - did you notice the issue start after a recent firmware update on the cameras or NVR?

In Hik-Connect, have you added the NVR to the app, and using the two-way audio on the cameras via the NVR, or have you added the cameras to the app directly?

Can you share a screenshot of the audio settings in a browser from one of the cameras please?

thanks for your response

When the NVR was first installed and powered on, there was a notification to update the firmware, and I didn’t have a chance to note the previous firmware version. Before the firmware update was performed, I didn’t have time to test the 2-way audio feature. And for the camera itself as far as I remember, there haven’t been any firmware updates notification for the camera since it was first powered on and installed.

Regarding the issue I mentioned yesterday, I attempted to use the 2-way audio feature through a camera added to the NVR, which I accessed using the Hik Connect app. I added NVR to Hik Connect using Hik Connect Cloud

Today, I tried adding the camera directly to the Hik Connect app. I attempted to add it both directly using the IP address (local network) and via Hik Connect Cloud, and the result was the same. The volume output decreases every time the 2-way audio is used.

Could this issue potentially be resolved with a firmware update? Are there other users with the same camera type experiencing similar problems?

Attachments

• Audio Settings.png
    Audio Settings.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 29
Yes, it's very possibly something to do with firmware.
We normally recommend using the 'G.711ulaw' option for the audio encoding, does using this option change anything?

Yes, it's very possibly something to do with firmware.
We normally recommend using the 'G.711ulaw' option for the audio encoding, does using this option change anything?
I tried all audio encoding options available and result still same

Thanks - we don't have any experience with the DS-2DE2C400MWG-E as it isn't a UK model, but it definitely seems like a bug with the firmware (maybe even when added to that specific NVR).

I can't find any earlier firmware to get you to try, so I recommend speaking to your supplier about this and Hikvision Technical Support in your region about the issue for them to look into:

Thanks - we don't have any experience with the DS-2DE2C400MWG-E as it isn't a UK model, but it definitely seems like a bug with the firmware (maybe even when added to that specific NVR).

I can't find any earlier firmware to get you to try, so I recommend speaking to your supplier about this and Hikvision Technical Support in your region about the issue for them to look into:
thanks, i will contact my local supplier and Hikvision Tech Support

Back