01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

TandemVu PTZ Camera (DS-2SE4C425MWG-E/26(F0)) issues?

@Kyle

I have noted that the firmware files have been updated, but I am unsure what I should try first. in the firmware notes, it states "Note : Switch materials has been updated with same model name, the new firmware compatible with both new & old materials, but old firmware cannot. Do not downgrade a device whose factory version is 230722" So i have no idea if this applies to my system, and if I downgrade in order to check if this corrects my problem, can I upgrade again?

I hope you might be able to give some guidance.

1709220041965.png

1709220142045.png

Sorry for the delay @paccmx.

I think the notes are saying that they apply to both old and new versions of the TandemVu cameras now, as the newest firmware works on both.

But, the important warning is that if your PTZ shipped from the factory with V5.8.0 build 230722 (making it a newer model I think), then do not downgrade to one of the other versions in that folder.

The white label on the camera itself, or the box that it came in, will usually state the "factory firmware version".
So, if the factory version on the label isn't V5.8.0 build 230722, then you should be safe to try one of those earlier versions to see if they resolve things.
If you have any doubt at all, then I would recommend sending your serial number to Hikvision Support and asking them to confirm whether you can downgrade safely.

I've also had confirmation from Hikvision's HQ that the missing features were an error on the older firmware, as these cameras have never properly supported the 'tracking linkage' feature.
This is why it was removed from the newer firmware, but it may be added properly as an option in the future.
Here's their response to me saying this:
Sorry, this model doesn’t support tracking linkage at all. There was an error showing those 2 options on the old firmware's menu, but the model doesn’t support them. This is why we removed these 2 options from the interface on the updated firmware. However, we are considering introducing the function to this model in future firmware.

Sorry for the delay @paccmx.

I think the notes are saying that they apply to both old and new versions of the TandemVu cameras now, as the newest firmware works on both.

But, the important warning is that if your PTZ shipped from the factory with V5.8.0 build 230722 (making it a newer model I think), then do not downgrade to one of the other versions in that folder.

The white label on the camera itself, or the box that it came in, will usually state the "factory firmware version".
So, if the factory version on the label isn't V5.8.0 build 230722, then you should be safe to try one of those earlier versions to see if they resolve things.
If you have any doubt at all, then I would recommend sending your serial number to Hikvision Support and asking them to confirm whether you can downgrade safely.

I've also had confirmation from Hikvision's HQ that the missing features were an error on the older firmware, as these cameras have never properly supported the 'tracking linkage' feature.
This is why it was removed from the newer firmware, but it may be added properly as an option in the future.
Here's their response to me saying this:
What is odd here is that the cameras are sold with the idea of automatic target detection via la panoramic channel, with instant tracking via the PTZ channel. I can confirm this does not work at all. and no one has been able to confirm the correct way to configure this function. See youtube video for more

Furthermore, in the specs it states that there is a Panorama Linkage, but this does not work. I feel this has been a marketing error, and has failed to disclaim that the camera will not work as demonstrated in their video. I bought the camera because of what I saw in the demonstration videos. Now I have a camera that will not work as thought.

I do hope hikvision will include this function in the next firmware updates. Until then I will have to purchase another camera that will work as I need it to.

Thanks Kyle for your assistance in this matter. You have been great!!!

Sorry for the late reply. And i hope i didn't miss anything with regards to previous replies.... @paccmx.
Can you confirm that you logged directly into the camera then Went to the PTZ tab then clicked on Smart Tracking and enabled smart tracking?

Then go to smart events and make sure that the linkage action for smart event that your going to has smart track ticked/enabled.

I do that first before drawing the rules on the NVR.

Sorry for the late reply. And i hope i didn't miss anything with regards to previous replies.... @paccmx.
Can you confirm that you logged directly into the camera then Went to the PTZ tab then clicked on Smart Tracking and enabled smart tracking?

Then go to smart events and make sure that the linkage action for smart event that your going to has smart track ticked/enabled.

I do that first before drawing the rules on the NVR.
Hello.

I can confirm that I have done this directly via gui web. But there is no Smart Tracking. What I am seeing here is that this model does no have smart tracking, and is somewhat of a marketing fraud, since Hikvision promotes that their TandemVu PTZ Cameras, do all this smart tracking via Panorama Linkage, but in this camera it is not automatic. You have to be in the web gui, and select manual tracking, and draw a square around the Panorama image that you want the PTZ to focus to. So it kind of works, but not as advertised, and unless you have a person dedicated to viewing the Panorama image, we the ptz just does not work. A waste of money, I just went out and bought a DS-2DE7A432IW-AEB, that works better.

I think that you're right @paccmx - sorry that you were mislead, I'll pass the feedback on to our contact at Hikvision.

Thanks for the feedback on the DS-2DE7A432IW-AEB too.

I'll also see if there is an update about the automatic smart tracking being added in future firmware for the DS-2SE4C425MWG-E/26(F0).

Back