01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

TandemVu PTZ Camera (DS-2SE4C425MWG-E/26(F0)) issues?

paccmx

Sometimes I hate tech support, they seem to have no clue how their products work.

I just purchased two DS-2SE4C425MWG-E/26(F0) TandemVu PTZ cameras. The product just looks great and at a wonderful price.

These are the issues I have;
1) Smart Tracking will not work.. (gone through several tutorials)
2) Audio and speaker do not work
3) If you change several configurations on the PTZ end, the camera goes into a reboot loop (had to do a factory default reset)
4) if you schedule the camera for panoramic scan, results in a reboot loop.

Ok now these are the problems I have encountered in both cameras. Could just be a bad batch.

But I think it is more as errors caused by the new GUI. (web version 5.1.0).. When I call hikvision support, they are surprised with the new layout.

Captura de pantalla 2023-12-22 164927.png

Captura de pantalla 2023-12-22 165131.png

How can I get this information to the right person, because tech support just informs me to file a guarantee and have the unit replaced. and if the new one has the same issue? sure it will be a firmware problem..

Any one else with this issue, or any suggestions?

Ok I clicked the help menu, and have seen that smart tracking should be set up before configuring smart event. But I have not been able to find a section to configure smart tracking, or white light flashing... This is definitely a firmware of web GUI issue. How can I make this known to hikvision so they can fix it and I do not have to return my unit.

"
  1. Linkage Method: Choose linkage actions when alarm happens. Notify Surveillance Center, Send Email, Upload to FTP, Trigger Recording or trigger the Alarm Outputare available generally.
    • For speed dome, you can also choose to link smart tracking. Smart Tracking should be configured in advance.
    • For certain models, White Light Flashing and Audible Warning are supported.
    • White Light Flashing: White light of the camera flashes when alarm happens. Configure flashing parameters on Flashing Alarm Light Output page (Configuration -> Event -> Basic Event). To use the function, white light should be enabled in advance (Configuration -> System -> Maintenance -> System Service).
      Audible Warning: Built-in speaker or connected external speaker plays warning sound when alarm happens. Configure sound type and playing times on Audible Alarm Output page (Configuration -> Event -> Basic Event). To use the function, audio output should be enabled in advance (Configuration -> Video/Audio -> Audio)."

I cant even find there menu references on my unit.
Captura de pantalla 2023-12-22 173343.png

Hi @paccmx

Have you managed to make any progress or fix any of these issues?

I have not, it seems impossible to have hikvision to look in to it. I was just told to return the camera to the distributor, so the my send it to hikvision. I sent one, and they told me that it was fixed, justo to return it to me and have the same issues, the only thing they did was reset the user and load the same firmware.. They told me that tracking was not a option on this camera, but this is strange why would you have a PTZ and a bullet camera built in, with manual tracking (does not work), and several other excellent options, (panogram tracking, patrol scan, panogram scan, pattern scan) just for it not to work I am very frustrated, great idea, just would love to see it work.

Last edited:
I think that you need to set your smart events on channel 1 (the PTZ camera) to get the flashing white light and audible warning linkage options - do you see them there?

Then, for the linked tracking, I believe you need to set up line crossing or intrusion detection on channel 2 (the panoramic camera).
The, within the 'PTZ' menu you should have a 'Panorama Tracking' page - if you tick 'Track' here, the PTZ will track the target detected on the panoramic camera.

This video takes you through the setup on the older firmware / web GUI - do you see all of the same settings on the newer firmware?

This is the problem, with the new GUI, these menu optiones are not there. Some times when the page loads very slow you can see them before they disaapear. I has requested a old gui firmware but with no luck.

Ah OK, thanks for clarifying. Which browser and OS are you using please?

Knowing Hikvision and their macOS support, I wouldn't be surprised if it's only affecting Mac browsers as we've seen similar before.
Do you have access to a Windows PC that you can test in Chrome or Edge please?
We've always found iVMS-4200 is the best way to access the configuration menu without these bugs on macOS, so test that too.

If all else fails, I think this may be an earlier version of your camera's firmware:

I only use windows. Thanks let me check the firmware and will report back

If you are willing, I can sert up a remote session, so that you can see the configuration options for the camera, hoping that a expert can se the error of hikvision.

Apologies, as you mentioned Safari, I assumed you were using a Mac.
In that case, can you test in Edge please?
And also in iVMS-4200 for Windows?
If you're able provide screenshots showing the missing settings in Edge/iVMS-4200, I'll pass them on to Hikvision Support.

I get an error HCNETSDK.dll when trying to configure the smart linkage. Do not know if this helps. When using the iVMS-4200 for Windows I get all the same menus and options.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 44
Thanks, can you reattach a larger / higher resolution copy of that screenshot please, so I can see the menus and error clearly?
Can you also confirm exactly which settings are missing from the newer firmware that you had before, so I can pass this on?

Just to mencion, the firmware you sujested to me to download, seems the zip file is corrupt. I have downloaded several times, same result, can it be downloaded elsewhere?

Thanks, you're right, it's corrupted for me too and I can't find another place to download it.
I'll ask Hikvision if it is downloadable from somewhere else if need be.
With regards to iVMS-4200, I think you should also have the option to open 'Basic Settings' after clicking on the cog, which should show you the configuration menu you normally get in a browser - could you check this too please?

Here is a link to a video I recorded, trying to configure the linkage and other options. You can see when the camera starts to reset after making changes. At the end of the video I had to reset the camera to defaults using the batch config, in order to get access again. Not sure that I mentioned it, but I have two cameras and both have the same issues.

Last edited:
In this screenshot you can see the tracking options and flashing alarm, but these are only visible for a few seconds and then they disappear. It took me several tries just to capture these options. What I understand here is that when movement is detected on this channel, the PTZ moves to that area, as it is linked.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2024-02-02 113112.png
    Captura de pantalla 2024-02-02 113112.png
    158 KB · Views: 121
  • Captura de pantalla 2024-02-02 113535.png
    Captura de pantalla 2024-02-02 113535.png
    163.7 KB · Views: 114
Thanks, the video / screenshots are clear.
I'll share everything with Hikvision and ask what they suggest and if earlier firmware is available.

Back