01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

These are the best settings for high quality audio of hikvision sound recording by embedded mic

dotbloup

For your information, I found that I achieved the best results using these settings to comprehend recorded conversations. The following settings make the best use of the Hikvision camera's microphone capability of
hikvision
DS-2CD2T87G2H-LISU/SL
DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU
DS-2CD2T87G2-LSU/SL

Codec: AAC
Bandwidth: 64kps
bitrate: 48Khz

I discovered that using HQ settings is very useful when trying to get as much as you can from people talking in front of the Hikvision cameras. Sometimes people speak at a distance or just whistle. Also, when a group of people talk at the same time, it can be difficult to understand what they say.
By using the high bandwidth, it adds granularity and it makes the voices sound clearer.

Did you just admit to listening in on peoples conversations.... lol. Hopefully you made them aware of this.

Did you just admit to listening in on peoples conversations.... lol. Hopefully you made them aware of this.
I admit i have surveillance cameras. I record video and audio. lol. in my own backyard. especially after a crazy man broke into my property, and talked to me while i was inside my house. So, i told myself, it is so important to record the conversation when something like this happens because when you have no audio, policemen may think that you may know this individual.
If you record a situation where you face an intruder in your backyard and if you can record the conversation it is much better. At first, when i bought the Hikvision cameras above with an embedded microphone, i noticed the audio quality was not so high and it is crucial to get a good audio quality to understand every word of a conversation to prove that someone threatened you or your family.

Bugger - I hadn't realised that (I don't use it much). I think I had to use AAC in order to get audio working in Homekit (Apple Home app)
Me neither I noticed today when trying 2-way and Hik-Connect continually throws up errors

I haven't been able to find an audio code where the 2 way audio is working. Which audio codec do you use for 2-way audio please?
See below the default codec for liveguard cameras where 2-way works fine

codec.jpg

Attachments

• codec.jpg
    codec.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 5
Back