01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

[Tutorial] Recording to an SD card on a Hikvision camera.

Hi, You can configure the pathname for where they are saved - Picture and Clip Settings as below:
(NB stop playback, use Internet Explorer in 'Run as administrator' mode)

Picture and clip settings 1-11-17.png

hi I have some hikvision cameras with on board storage and it will record to the sd card but will not let me view the recording on my phone, however I will let me view the recordings on the ivms software on a pc, any help will be great

thanks

Hey, can i veiw the vedios on pc without internet, by connecting the pc to the ap of router?
If you can access your HikVision camera on your LAN, then yes.
Use Internet Explorer.
Enter the camera's IP address in the browser address bar.
Login.
Select Playback from the top menu bar:

Playback 5-11-17.png

how can I remote playback with hik connect it says parameter error any help would be great

Hi Bob,
Is there anyway the camera has to record to SD card only when it looses connection to the server

Regards
Rgg

Hi, i have hikvision IP camera with sd card slot, and my question is can i record video in sd card without connecting IP camera to the internet router? and then view recording from sd card from other device ? any help will be great

Hi, i have hikvision IP camera with sd card slot, and my question is can i record video in sd card without connecting IP camera to the internet router? and then view recording from sd card from other device ? any help will be great
Yes.
You will need to have the camera on a network to configure it to record to the microSD card.
Then you can detach it from the network, place it where you wish, and leave it recording to the card.
You can set it to overwrite the oldest recordings when full.
Your card is likely to hold maybe 7 days, it depends upon the settings; resolution, frame rate and CODEC used.
You can remove the card and view on a PC using say VLC player.
I'd probably re-format, and then re-insert.

Hi.
If I need not to record full day may I configure my HIK cam to start recording only if motion is detected?

If I need not to record full day may I configure my HIK cam to start recording only if motion is detected?
Yes.
You can schedule the active days, and hours of the day.
And can record continuously within those scheduled times, or only upon event detection.

Back