01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

UCam247 - usable without Adobe Flash Player?

Beady Eye

I have a maybe 7 year old UCam247 IP camera, model no. NC328W-IR-1080P. Worked really well in a past location/use. Recently dug it out hoping to use it again. It works fine, but the software relies on Adobe Flash Player to define areas for alerts etc. Adobe Flash was withdrawn a couple of years back, whilst UCam don't really exist beyond a few helpfiles online.

My question is, can any other software allow me to use it as originally intended, i.e. record snaps/videos and email these when movement triggers it in defined areas? If not, can it be used a live cam only?

Maybe contact a CCTV software provider such as Blue Iris and ask them whether they know if their software is compatible?
I believe that you can download and trial free of charge for a couple of weeks.

Thanks for your suggestion, I did submit an enquiry as you suggested to Blue Iris on 05/1, but have heard nothing back. Maybe that is a No then?

only thing i have found that works is I-Spy Agent, which is a pc based surveillance software (open source), for which you can then get an Android client app, Agent DVR.
It works, downside being that you will have to have your pc running.
Got my old u-cam running on it though, able to set up trigger zones, recordings and notifications

Back