01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to re-add Cameras after Factory Resetting my DS-7604HI-K1/4P(B) NVR?

RunningMan

Hi All -I recently bought a new house and I was very impressed with the camera system installed that I agreed to pay for this to be left behind. However, although the cameras were working when I turn on the DVR I couldn't manage it as I couldn't obtain the password, even after several attempts to retrieve this from the previous owner. So I decided to run a factory reset.

I have a HIKVision Network Video Recorder Model number: DS-7604HI-K1/4P(B)

I am fairly technical but not especially with IP cameras :) but I am hoping you clever folk here can help me out with this!!

Now when I run the software, and I try and configure the cameras to connect:

I either get
  • "IP Camera Does not exist" when trying to select the original config.
  • "No More IP Camera allowed"
I have not unplugged the network cable from when it was working before. What I am doing wrong?

I am REALLY hoping that I don't need to reset the 4 x cameras as these are external and very high up on the house (see pics)
I cannot get the original password, so what options do I have here?

Sorry if this has been posted before, I have trawled through tons of posts here to try and figure it out myself before coming here.

Thank you!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1998.JPG
    IMG_1998.JPG
    500.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2005.JPG
    IMG_2005.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2004.JPG
    IMG_2004.JPG
    1,003 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2002.JPG
    IMG_2002.JPG
    1,015.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2001.JPG
    IMG_2001.JPG
    963.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1999.JPG
    IMG_1999.JPG
    890.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2006.JPG
    IMG_2006.JPG
    935.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @RunningMan

Can you please confirm that you are plugging all of these cameras directly into the NVR PoE ports?
You mention "re-adding" these cameras, what did you do with the cameras while they weren't connected to the NVR? Did you have them plugged into a separate PoE Switch/Injector?

Thank you for your reply! - Appreciate it.

The unit was previously connecting fine to the cameras, but due to access issues to the device a password reset needed to happen and this included a factory reset, which has thrown out the feed to the cameras.

The 4 x cameras are connected to a HIKVision router / junction box in the loft, which has a single LAN cable that runs down to the NVR LAN Port (Single Port of the unit NVR Device) The 4 x Ethernet ports on the NVR has 1 connection which is the cable running direct from the Broadband Router to enable me to access this via SADP and hopefully Hik Tools eventually.

Hopefully this helps, sorry if its too vague, I can take some photos if needed.

Thanks @RunningMan

Apologies, we haven't worked with one of these older 7604 NVRs in a while and I only just realised the 192.168.1.xxx IP addresses are for the 4 cameras that are on your local network.

So what has happened is that when you hard reset the NVR it defaulted the camera channels back to Plug & Play (e.g. for connecting the cameras directly to the NVR PoE ports), but obviously before the hard reset you had the cameras added over the local network using those 192.168.1.xxx IP addresses.

What you need to do to get those 4 cameras back online is to click the edit icon (little pen & paper symbol) next to each of the 192.168.254.xxx IP addresses, switch each channel from Plug & Play to manual, and then set the IP address of each channel to match one of the 192.168.1.xxx IP addresses (e.g. change 192.168.254.3 to 192.168.1.151).

Once you've set the correct IP address, you'll need to put in the password for each camera and click OK.

That should then reconnect the cameras to the NVR over the local network.

Thank you so much, I will give this a try today and let you know how I get on either way! -

I don't suppose anyone with good enough knowledge is able to help me with this. Does anyone recognize these HK Vision Cameras that are at my property? Before I find a way to access these up high, I was wondering if you know if these cameras would likely have a reset switch on them? As it would be good to know before I make arrangements to access them up high. I heard that not all cameras have a reset method! I realise there is no way to really tell until I have access but someone might recognize them and advise.

Thank you for your help!

IMG_2275.JPG

Hi @RunningMan

Those look like they are Hikvision ColorVu Turrets (DS-2CD2347G2 / DS-2CD2387G2) and they should have a hard reset button under the MicroSD card cover that is on the ball of the turret.

Back