01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Updated my NVR to V5 Firmware - Cameras Offline?

emad_fms

Hi,

I updated my NVR to the latest Firmware 5 and got this issue with the camera. It shows online, and when I add them, it gives offline.

Help please

20240224_213147.jpg

Hi @emad_fms

Are you able to log in to both of those cameras individually using a browser?
Can you please confirm what firmware version those 2 cameras are currently running?

Hi Dan,

Yes, I can log in to the cameras individually using a browser.

Firmware_V5.7.14_231213

Attachments

• 20240224_213112.jpg
    20240224_213112.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 42
Thanks @emad_fms

When you hover over/click on the offline status do you get any text/error message explaining why the cameras might be offline?

you haven't mentioned which model NVR... I'm assuming it does not have PoE ports built in?

Your DS-9632NI-M8 is probably a model most don't have... maybe that's why you're having this problem others are not?

I'm not sure just guessing, but is the SDK service running?

IMG_3826.jpeg

Maybe try adding a camera (at least temporarily) using HIKVISION_RTSP instead of HIKVISION protocol?

Have you tried selecting them all, deleting them and then re adding them from the visible devices panel where they should appear after a delete and refresh?

Have you tried selecting them all, deleting them and then re adding them from the visible devices panel where they should appear after a delete and refresh?
Yes, I did; when I deleted it, it showed online. When I added them, it showed offline.
20240224_213147.jpg

Yes, I did; when I deleted it, it showed online. When I added them, it showed offline.
View attachment 10723
One thing I can think of:

The IP addresses of your cameras are in the 192.168.40.xxx range. Is this the network range for your LAN or a separate subnet for the cameras? If it's the latter I'm thinking that the LAN 2 network address of the NVR should be, but is not, configured to 192.168.40.xxx. That might explain the cameras showing online in visible devices (as it uses SADP broadcast) but offline once added (as the subnets don't match). By default the NVR models with 2 LAN ports default to redundancy mode rather than having two separate subnets. Perhaps the update to V5 reset the LAN2 interface to redundancy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
sounds like that could be it?... fingers crossed for ya

Back