01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Upgrading NVR firmware (M series), should it work in Edge?

Ianc

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I have just tried to update the firmware on my M series NVR in Edge, however, when trying to select the firmware the whole screen greys out and becomes non-responsive.

Edge.jpg

I have to refresh the page to bring it back.
Reloading in Internet Explorer mode allows me to select the firmware and click 'upgrade'.

IE mode.jpg

Has anyone else with an M series experienced this?

I have just tried to update the firmware on my M series NVR in Edge, however, when trying to select the firmware the whole screen greys out and becomes non-responsive.

View attachment 9302

I have to refresh the page to bring it back.
Reloading in Internet Explorer mode allows me to select the firmware and click 'upgrade'.

View attachment 9303

Has anyone else with an M series experienced this?
I just tried on mine (which is already on 4.63.005). As soon as I click the 'select file' button, although the screen dims, the pop up box to browse for the file immediately appears. The only thing I've updated recently is local service components.exe - mine was previously on 1.0.0.47. As mentioned in another post, that's the latest version available for download. However @Juiceof2limes pointed out that the version downloaded from a G5 camera with new firmware is 1.0.0.60. I'm not actually sure whether localservicecomponents is needed in this case but I uninstalled the old one and update anyway.

If it worked at second attempt I wouldn't pay too much attention to it. I regularly see issues on browsers where I click the browse button and select the file, but the file box doesn't populate to show the file I selected and I need to repeat it another time. I minor niggle but no other issues.

It doesn't work at all for me. The page just stays dim and non-responsive. This only seems to happen when I click on a box to browse for a file and it happens every time. Refreshing and reloading the page is the only way out!

I've previously updated in IE mode with no issues. Its only since @Kyle advised me that the M series is compatible with Edge, that I started using Edge.

I will install the plug-in (which incidentally is v1.0.0.60 from the NVR) and see if that makes a difference.

Seems today is not my lucky day.

Updating the plug-in seemed to do the trick, I have upgraded to 4.63.000_230412 successfully in Edge. However when the NVR rebooted the login page went blank. I have to switch to IE compatibility mode now just to get access via the browser?????????

Everything is working though, just cannot use Edge at all now.

Have you rebooted PC since updating plug-in and then tried again?
Possible Edge cache needs to be cleared

Rebooting PC made no difference. I'm guessing somehow updating Local Service Components has gone wrong.
It isn't even listed in Apps now.

That is odd. No harm in re-installing it. For reference, you usually find the components here;
C:\Program Files (x86)\LocalServiceComponents

I was at a loss with Edge. I deleted the recently installed version of LocalServiceComponents and reinstalled the earlier version (1.0.0.47) and it was still the same... cannot access the NVR in Edge, have to reload in IE mode! But at least LocalServiceComponents is now listed in installed Apps again.

One thing I overlooked... restoring Edge to default settings, deleting cookies, extensions, all browsing data, history etc... Doh! Finally, I can now use Edge again.

Incidentally, Chrome works fine without the need for any extensions or plug-ins.

Last edited:
Glad you have got it sorted. I think it would have been the cache that needed clearing only but a reset to default settings is the latest hope as I call it :)

Back