01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Using stream media server to provide feed to storage server?

magicali

Hello everyone,

We have 3 different locations which have Hikvision ip cameras and I monitor them via IVMS from a 4th location. I use live view as well as use a storage server for recording.

My 3 locations have limited bandwidth and ever since I setup the storage server, I feel that is making a second connection with the cameras (first being live view connection), hence more bandwidth being used.

I read that by setting up a stream media server, I can make one connection with the camera, and the SMS will forward the video stream to other clients.

I've set it all up and can see the live view via SMS. However، I'm not getting any recording being done by the storage server.

I have tested that even if live view is off, my system is still receiving data and the SMS also shows connections being made. But no recording is getting saved.

Can anyone help?

Last edited:
Can you tell us a bit more about the storage server please?

I use the storage server which comes bundled with IVMS. It also comes with stream media server. I just run storage server in the background and add it to my devices in IVMS. In storage schedule, I select storage server as recording location for cameras.

My cameras are set to receive stream from stream media server.

I think those are discontinued products, since 2021 (see attached).

Attachments

• Product Discontinuation Notice of iVMS-4200 VS.pdf
    461.9 KB · Views: 77
Yes I am aware they are discontinued, but assumed the older versions would still continue to work ? I have been using the storage server for quite some time without issues. It's just that I wanted it to get it's feed from the stream media server.

Back