01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect V6 Android app - Playback / Favourites camera selection not working?

Juiceof2limes

Odd one this, running latest Android version (6.1.10.1220) of Hik-Connect on a Samsung S23 but cannot select cameras for playback. Also same is true if I want to create a new favourite group. I have a mix of directly connected devices and and those through HIK-Connect service. What is also strange is that I can select the NVR and the underlying cameras without issue.

Had no issue with previous version. I've un-installed and reinstalled but makes no difference. As a test, I used an older phone (S21) and this exhibits the same issue.

Searched around but cannot see anyone else mentioning this especially when I can replicate it on another android device.

Any thoughts?

Odd one this, running latest Android version (6.1.10.1220) of Hik-Connect on a Samsung S23 but cannot select cameras for playback. Also same is true if I want to create a new favourite group. I have a mix of directly connected devices and and those through HIK-Connect service. What is also strange is that I can select the NVR and the underlying cameras without issue.

Had no issue with previous version. I've un-installed and reinstalled but makes no difference. As a test, I used an older phone (S21) and this exhibits the same issue.

Searched around but cannot see anyone else mentioning this especially when I can replicate it on another android device.

Any thoughts?
As a test you could delete the current version of Hik-Connect and install an older one to prove if the newer version is the issue. The previous versions are available on apkmirror.com (when installing you'd need to override a security setting on the phone to allow the installation)

An updated Android version of the app now available which has fixed this annoying issue. Still surprised no one else noticed :)

Back