01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Vsplayer for Mac. White band?

rorton

Anyone a user of Vsplayer on the Mac? I used it on my older intel mac, and more recently an apple silicon Mac, and when opening the app, between the box on the left side that contains the clips you are looking, and the actual video playback box on the right, is a white band about 3cm in size which blocks some of the video.

Using version 2.0.0.4

thanks

Hi @rorton

We weren't aware of this issue, I work on a Mac in our office and have used the v2.0.0.4 version of VSPlayer before without issue, but when I opened it after seeing your message I am now seeing that white bar.

This suggests it is a compatibility glitch that has occurred when the MacOS has recently been updated (another clue to that is that the white bar is only visible when you have VSPlayer window selected, if you click off to another window you will see the bar disappear and then reappear when you click back onto the VSPlayer window).

It's an odd one, we will pass the issue on to Hikvision support to see if they can update the VSPlayer to resolve this issue. In the meantime, you can get around it by clicking playback on a clip, clicking off the VSPlayer window, and it should then keep playing back without the white bar there, and if you need to pause and screenshot something the white bar will reappear when you pause but when you actually take the screenshot the bar is not visible in the screenshot.

Thanks, much appreciated. Thought I was going mad! Nice find with the tip on clicking off the player.

quick update - ive recently installed the latest Mac OS 14 Sonoma, and now this app seems totally broken :( it will occasionally open ok, but clicking a video file just causes the app to quit

Thanks for the feedback @rorton

We've shared this update with Hikvision support and asked them to get the technical team at Hikvision HQ to investigate and hopefully fix this issue.

UPDATE - Hikvision Support has confirmed that Hikvision HQ does plan to take the Mac VSPlayer down from the website in the near future while they work to repair/upgrade it and then will re-upload a new version at a later date.

If we get any further updates from Hikvision support we'll add them here.

brilliant, thanks for the update :)

(quietly wonders how long it will take Hik to process!!)

Reactions: Dan
Back