01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

suggestions for camera setup

ClearVision

Hello everyone,

A newbie here to cctv and I am looking to install IP camera in my residential property.

I would really appreciate your suggestions/recommendations on Hikvision IP cameras and Network Video Recorder that would be ideal for the set-up shown below. Budget wise, I am looking at something decent but not too expensive.

The locations where I am looking to install the cameras are shown in coloured boxes.
  • Blue box -( Front Camera) : I am thinking a 4MP or 8MP, 2.8mm focal lens, sensor size of 1/1.8, preferably one with motion detection.
  • Orange box (Side camera) : Will a 4MP or 8MP, 3mm focal lens, sensor size of 1/1.2 be ideal?
  • Pink box (Back camera) : Will a 4MP or 8MP, 2mm focal lens, sensor size of 1/1.8 (Need a camera that can perform in low light background) be ideal?
For the Network Video Recorder, will a HIK VISION DS-7608NI-I2/8P struggle with bandwiths with 8MP cameras?

Your feedback/suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Screenshot_20240127_215006_Noteshelf~2.jpg

Hi @ClearVision

Our recommendations are below:

Blue Box (Front Camera) - We would recommend either a DS-2CD2347G2-LU or a DS-2CD2387G2-LU (2.8mm) and we would recommend positioning the camera towards the left front corner of the property rather than the right as this will allow you to angle the camera to look across the front of the property and the camera won't be too close to the car.

Orange Box (Side Camera) - We would recommend a 2347G2H or 2387G2H (4mm) (see below links) as this will give you a narrower FoV for down the side of the house.

Purple Box (Back Camera) - We would recommend either a DS-2CD2347G2H-LIU or a DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU (2.8mm) as these Hybrid cameras give you the option to set them in Smart mode where they will primarily record in B&W/IR mode during the night (which is best for a garden with no ambient lighting) but can then switch to Colour/White Light mode when a smart event/motion detection is triggered.

4MP in all 3 positions would probably be fine, but if you want extra detail/clarity at the front of the property then we would recommend an 8MP camera for the front camera, In regards to NVRs we would recommend the DS-7608NI-M2/8P.

Hi @ClearVision

Purple Box (Back Camera) - We would recommend either a DS-2CD2347G2H-LIU or a DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU (2.8mm) as these Hybrid cameras give you the option to set them in Smart mode where they will primarily record in B&W/IR mode during the night (which is best for a garden with no ambient lighting) but can then switch to Colour/White Light mode when a smart event/motion detection is triggered.
I have a very similar scenario to the OP - and pretty much looking at the same cameras / NVR that you have recommended. One question I do have - whats the difference between the G2H-LIU and the G2H-LISU/SL range - I understand the latter adds sound but are there any other considerations when choosing between these two?

Thanks in advance, Mick.

Hi @bigmick777

The G2H-LIU models are the standard Hybrid light models (with built-in Microphone) and the G2H-LISU/SL are Hybrid Light models that also support the Live-Guard feature (strobe light/audible alarm) and have built-in Microphone & Speaker.

Back