01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

2 Dome Camera System and Supplemental IR Illuminators?

BillyGoat20

Hi all,

I'm considering a 2 Mini Dome camera
Hikvision DS-2CD2546G2-IS system for front and back of the house, It's a small 1.5 floor house with large soffits to the front and rear which would be suitable for a smaller/more subtle camera style. it has a narrow footprint so the angle of coverage should be suitable with a 2.8mm focal length.

I've considered both colorvu and IR cameras, and being that its a residential with some street lighting I'm in two minds between the 2 options of recording at night. Initially I was put off dome camera because of the IR flare on the lens - however with the Gen2 version this appears to be less of an issue?

I'm wondering if Accusense IR models could be supplemented with an IR illuminator such as rayTEC VAR2-PoE-i2-1 located at an offset (up to 4m) and pointing away from lens to provide increased illumination for the camera at 5-6m without causing increased glare?

If this system was to work, and both cameras and IR Illuminators being POE, which NVR would be most suitable, a DS-7608NI-I2-8P I presume the IR Illuminator is permanently activated?

Thanks

Hi @BillyGoat20

There are minimal IR glare issues with the current generation of Hikvision Mini Domes so for home installation I don't think separate IR illuminators will be necessary.

In regards to NVR, we would recommend the DS-7608NI-M2/8P if you are planning to expand the system in the future, but if you are sticking with 2-3 cameras then you could use a smaller DS-7604NXI-K1/4P.

Back