01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Synchronized playback of downloaded footage?

Murat

Hello All,

I have a Hikvision ds-7108ni-q1/8p that we used to monitor my old aunty from overseas, and she just past away. I don't want to lose her last days captured on CCTV, so I started downloading all the cameras' footage. I am using iVMS 4200 to download the footage, which generates mp4 files with filenames containing timestamps. I've been digging into the iVMS 4200 software to find a way to play back the footage in sync as if from the Remote Playback tab with no success. There is the functionality of opening video files from the top right burger stack menu (between the download view icon and the system stats icon), which allows searching for footage by download date (not footage date), and only plays them one at a time with the stand alone player.

Now, there is the option of completely retiring this DVR and keeping the footage intack, but I right now I can't. So, I am downloading everything.

What I would like to know and get your advise on is, whether there is a hidden functionality in iVMS to playback all downloaded footage in synchrony as if in the Remote Playback tab, or whether you know of any third party software that can do it? I could try to write one up myself with days, if not weeks of coding, but surely someone must have done this before professionally.

Best,

Murat

Back