01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

What Hikvision camera Should I Use in the Back Yard Where There is Very Little Visible Light?

JurajP

What camera would suggest me to give in the back yard, where is little ambient light (moon, from street)? I have 2347g2 colorvu 2.8mm 4mpx, which is placed in front of the house, but there is decent light from the street. I've tried to give the camera in the back, and the image was not so good. It was colorful, but when the leds where ON, the image was much worse than without leds. So now I cannot decide if to buy same camera and put some led light in the garden, or buy IR cam. I had on some good IR cams and the prices were 400+euro. Or should I try some 5442 dahua?
The camera is placed 2.7m top and view angle maybe 4mm. 2.8 is too wide I think.

Hi @JurajP

If there is less light at the back of the property than at the front, we would recommend using an IR AcuSense camera like the DS-2CD2346G2-IU

When capturing visible light, yes a larger sensor will give you better low-light performance.

But the 2346G2 uses invisible IR (infrared) LEDs to capture a clear Black & White image at night.

If your scene is almost completely pitch black at night, you are almost always going to get clearer and more detailed images from a camera illuminating the scene with invisible IR light than a ColorVu camera with its white light turned off that is trying to capture a colour image with very little visible light available.

Definitely agree with @Dan recommendation and guidance. The G2 acusense provide amazing night performance, and in a dark area doesn’t create the light polllution. I would say in some areas I have pir white light to complement the camera so looking forward to new smart light

On light pollution we live in rural area with 12 scattered properties. One has recently put up dahua with white light and it has caused massive friction between people (all others having ir cameras/illuminators) and has turned that property in to something like Stalag Luft 10 !

Reactions: Dan
Back