01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

When might we see Darkfighter 2.0 cameras and AcuSearch NVRs in UK stock?

cymruchris

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
I had a watch through the Darkfighter 2.0 launch the other day - when might UK stocks come through? It'll be good to see some actual footage to see if it's as good as they claim. Am I right in thinking that these will be the mid to upper range of cameras once launched? So not at the budget end of the price scale?

I had a watch through the Darkfighter 2.0 launch the other day - when might UK stocks come through? It'll be good to see some actual footage to see if it's as good as they claim. Am I right in thinking that these will be the mid to upper range of cameras once launched? So not at the budget end of the price scale?
There was discussion of new Darkfighters around the time of release of the Hybrid Light ColorVu’s over a year ago; I think I posted some specs. At that time it was reported that we wouldn’t see those models in the UK. Do you have a link or path to the launch you watched?

Edit: I found the information here:

Darkfighter 2.0

The information links to ranges supposedly having the Darkfighter 2.0 technology, yet the cameras all seem to be ColorVu or Darkfighter S and don't have the features detailed in the presentation (60 FPS etc)

Last edited:
We'll see what we can find out.

Links to the launch videos in this Post:

We'll see what we can find out.
Thanks @Phil. I'd missed that post...Off topic but I'd also be interested to find out whether the standard M series NVRs will get AcuSearch compatibility in a firmware update and if not, will we get the 76xxNXI/M2/VPro models in the UK....

So, what we've had confirmed so far is that:
  • The standard M-Series NVRs won't ever have the AcuSearch feature, even through firmware updates, due to 'hardware limitations' - it's just the M/VPro models, NXI-I(E), DeepInMind M-Series that have the feature.

• The UK Distribution Channel seems to have no information on pricing or UK release dates on the Darkfighter 2.0 cameras or M/VPro NVRs, but we're working on getting some idea of if / when they will become available...
    It doesn't sound like they're even in production yet, so we're probably looking at 2025 at the earlier for any stock to land in the UK.
I'll come back with any more info I can share...

Ugh - The so called ultra (M series) is not very ultra then. I'm surprised they're quoting 'hardware limitations' for AcuSearch; the cheapest and least powerful model in Hikvisions entire line up (the DS-7604NXI-K1/4P) has the AcuSearch feature as of now on V4 firmware. The whole spiel around NVR5.0 was regarding AcuSearch. So far my NVR journey is:

DS-7608NI-SE/P > DS-7608NI-E2/8P > DS-7616NI-K2/16P > DS-7616NI-I2/16P > DS-7616NI-M2/16P. This is getting silly!

So it's not like an Iphone launch then - tell you this week and ship it next week. I had a feeling that might be the case. I wanted a camera for the side of my house, and thought I'd hang on to see what was available - but if it's 2025 (likely) - I'll just plump for something from the existing range.

Ugh - The so called ultra (M series) is not very ultra then. I'm surprised they're quoting 'hardware limitations' for AcuSearch; the cheapest and least powerful model in Hikvisions entire line up (the DS-7604NXI-K1/4P) has the AcuSearch feature as of now on V4 firmware. The whole spiel around NVR5.0 was regarding AcuSearch. So far my NVR journey is:

DS-7608NI-SE/P > DS-7608NI-E2/8P > DS-7616NI-K2/16P > DS-7616NI-I2/16P > DS-7616NI-M2/16P. This is getting silly!
It's obviously time you bought another one.....

It's obviously time you bought another one.....
....or a decent PoE switch and one large capacity SD card per camera until an NVR comes along that ticks all of the boxes. I can't believe that AcuSearch is available on a V4 NXI-K but won't be on a V5 NI-M.

Last edited:

Agreed, it's all far too confused and we're disappointed that the standard M-Series don't have the feature.
Hikvision have confirmed that the AcuSense K-Series models have AcuSearch, apart from the (B) versions.
They shared this graphic with me; you need to use cameras that support AcuSearch (in the top table) to be able to use the feature on the NVRs:

Table of Hikvision cameras and NVRs that support AcuSearch and Smart Search.jpg

I haven't been able to get an explanation on the "hardware limitations"... We can only guess that it's something to do with the higher bandwidth capabilities limiting the capacity for other features.

• The UK Distribution Channel seems to have no information on pricing or UK release dates on the Darkfighter 2.0 cameras or M/VPro NVRs, but we're working on getting some idea of if / when they will become available...
    It doesn't sound like they're even in production yet, so we're probably looking at 2025 at the earlier for any stock to land in the UK.
I'll come back with any more info I can share...

I've also been told that the VPro NVRs will not be sold in the UK, as apparently they're just an equivalent to the DeepinMind M-Series range, so will be priced the same and use "essentially the same tech". Basically, the VPro range will be sold in regions that the DeepinMind M-Series range are not.

The UK distribution channel seems to know nothing about the Darkfighter 2.0 cameras yet as well - I haven't been able to get information on prices or an ETA for UK stock.

I think these will be available in the UK, but we're likely looking at months, as I get the impression they are not even in production yet...

We have spotted that some of these new models will support 1TB SD cards though, like the iDS-2CD7A46G2-IZHS(Y)(1T)(/5G) and iDS-2CD7146G2-IZ(H)S(Y)(1T).

Regarding the NVRs, what I will say is that all of this is just current info - we have known Hikvision to tell us one thing and then do another down the line...

Last edited:
Thanks for the info @Kyle. It seems as though the NXI models have it due to AcuSearch using the resources of the VCA engine. I noticed on an NXI-K last week that it was available but at the expense of 'VCA by NVR' where older cameras were installed (which they were on this particular installation). When setting up VCA by NVR for the older cameras, a message was displayed warning that 'AcuSearch will be disabled for Channel 1' (or words to that effect). Channel 1 was a newer G5 with AcuSearch capability. I guess for my use I'll want the iDS-7716NXI-M4/X. Ouch - that will hurt my wallet!

Edit: So just to confuse things further...Hikvision have stated that we won't get the M series VPro NVR in the UK as they're the same as the Deep in Mind M series. The iDS-7716NXI-M4/X is the model I'm looking at. I can buy it from any of my suppliers in the UK, however there is no reference to it anywhere on the Hikvision UK website. From what I can see, it is not in the product pages for any of the NVR categories, does not appear in a search on the UK website or in a search on the UK firmware pages. It can only be found on the global website and firmware pages. The M-VPro on the other hand is detailed and featured on the UK site:

Screenshot 2024-09-24 at 20.29.47.png

I've little faith that if I bought one it wouldn't go EOL.

Last edited:
It seems as though the NXI models have it due to AcuSearch using the resources of the VCA engine.
Ah OK, that explains a bit, although not made as clear as it should be...

The iDS-7716NXI-M4/X is the model I'm looking at. I can buy it from any of my suppliers in the UK, however there is no reference to it anywhere on the Hikvision UK website. From what I can see, it is not in the product pages for any of the NVR categories, does not appear in a search on the UK website or in a search on the UK firmware pages. It can only be found on the global website and firmware pages. The M-VPro on the other hand is detailed and featured on the UK site:
Yep, we spotted this yesterday too. We think the M-VPro graphic/link is an error and will probably disappear soon (if you click on it, it takes you to the Ultra Series page with no M-VPro NVRs).
We're seeing a decent amount of stock of the DeepinMind M-Series models in the UK warehouses, but it's odd these aren't on the UK website anywhere.
FWIW, there is a page on the European website with the DeepinMind M-Series models...

What's the difference between NXI-K2 and NXI-K2(D)
We've been told that the (D) models have a higher decoding capability, and that all of the K1 models (with 1 HDD bay) will not have fans.
(Yep, they're finally bringing back fanless!)

This is the table Hikvision shared with us:

Discontinued Product Models
AcuSense
K Series
Replacement Models
AcuSense
K Series(D)
FAN for K1 modelsWith fanWithout fan
Decoding capabilityAl on: Up to 8-ch x 1080P
Al off: Up to 12-ch x 1080P
Al on: Up to 12-ch x 1080P
Al off: Up to 16-ch x 1080P

Oh, and they'll probably be a bit more expensive...

Back