01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Very useful features gone after DS-7608NI-K2/8P NVR Firmware Update?

Esso Oil

Hi.

I really would appreciate any help with the following problem.

My equipment is genuine Hikvision:
DS-7608NI-K2/8P NVR
DS-2CD2142FWD-I Dome Cameras

This time yesterday, when playing back footage on the NVR I could see the green motion markers on the playback bar to show where motion was detected.

Anyone who uses Hikvision NVRs and Hikvision cameras will know how useful these green indicators are when reviewing footage.

Today I decided to update the NVR firmware to the latest version (wish I hadn't).

My NVR Firmware was V3.4.105 which was the old interface from a few years ago with the big chunky icons. I upgraded to V4.72.107.

The latest firmware gives me a brand new user interface. I could possibly could get used this, but...

PROBLEM: The green motion indicators have vanished. Completely gone from all previous footage from before the update and not appearing on new footage. Now I just see one continuous blue timeline when I play back footage.

Only yesterday I was reviewing some footage from last week and all the footage had the green motion markers whenever my cameras had detected movement.

Also, I no longer get the real-time dynamic analysis of motion when somebody walks through the red boxes when I'm on the "Motion Detection" screen. Again, I was just using this the other day to check a door way. I walked through the door and all of the little red boxes lit up to show it was detecting motion.

I know the motion detection is still working because the new interface has a little alarm bell in the top right of the screen. When I click on it and look at the "Basic Event" screen the centre column labeled "Alarm/Exception" shows all of the "Motion Detection" events. There is also a useful play button which will play each of the motion detection events. I actually really like this feature, but I also need to see the green motion indicators on the timeline.

QUESTION: Have Hikvision removed these green motion indicators from the NVR playback footage?

I know Hikvision removed the motion indicators from the web interface a few years ago because of some story about bandwidth or processing, but you could still see the green motion indicators when watching footage on the NVR.

I thought the firmware on my cameras might need upgrading so have upgraded both of them to the latest firmware. Old version V5.4.5. New version V5.5.82. Still no green motion indicators on playback timeline.

I have connected to the cameras and on the "Motion" screen the checkbox for "Enable motion detection" is ticked and the checkbox for "Enable dynamic analysis for emotion" is also ticked.

All my settings look exactly as they did before, with the exception of (sorry to say it again) no green motion indicators when I'm viewing footage on my NVR.

As a last resort I am thinking about rolling back the firmware, but I know doing that is not a good idea.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Does anyone who is reading this have the latest firmware on their NVR (or have a newer NVR) and can see the green motion indicators on their timeline when playing back footage?

I should have known better than to update the firmware on a device that I was completely happy with.

I have a second Hikvision NVR exactly the same model which has not been upgraded and I have attached two photos to show what I am talking about.

You can clearly see the green motion indicators beneath the blue timeline and the other photo shows the red boxes lighting up as I turn the dining room light on and off.

I really would appreciate any help or advice with regards to this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230925_213842_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230925_213842_Gallery.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 20230925_211523.thumb.jpg.6b175323f4657f09002cbccf68d33d76.jpg
    20230925_211523.thumb.jpg.6b175323f4657f09002cbccf68d33d76.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 90
Having done more research into this and having posted my question on a few other forums it appears the latest Hikvision NVR firmware has simply done away with these features.

My previous NVR Firmware was V3.4.105 (old style interface). I'm thinking about finding the latest V3.x.x Firmware (so pre V4) and doing a Firmware rollback.

Does anyone have any experience of rolling back to older versions of firmware? I know the manufacturers frown upon this, but in reality people do this all the time. I am willing to risk bricking my NVR to try and get back the features that I want.

Any advice appreciated - thanks.

There have been a huge amount of changes between your previous and current versions and not just visually.

If you want to downgrade, you can generally just do that in the same way you upgraded, choosing the old file. It won’t brick your NVR but will probably wipe it to a factory default inactivated state so you’d have to program it from scratch.

It would be better though to learn how the new setup works. Download the manual and get used to the revised operation.

Back