01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Which user can not format HDD - DVR DS-7204HGHI-SH?

ahmedabdulla

Good Afternoon Colleagues
I hope you are doing well . I have an old DVR DS-7204HGHI-SH . I can create two type of users (Operator & User)

I need to create a user that has no privilege to format HDD .

Both Operator & User can format HDD . so kindly advice.

Best Regards

Good Afternoon Colleagues
I hope you are doing well . I have an old DVR DS-7204HGHI-SH . I can create two type of users (Operator & User)

I need to create a user that has no privilege to format HDD .

Both Operator & User can format HDD . so kindly advice.

Best Regards
On the older models like that one (version 3 UI) it doesn't actually matter; it simply affects which permissions are enabled/disabled by default and they can be modified regardless. Create the account - user or operator. Once created you will see a modify icon to the right of the newly created account. Click it and you can select/deselect what permissions that account has. I'd suggest just to deselect everything then allow - local live view, local playback, local export, remote live view, remote playback. Do not allow manual record as on older models there's an on screen icon that when clicked displays 'stop recording on all channels' or similar. An account without permissions may still be able to click on a menu page and see the settings; however attempting to change anything will result in 'no permission' being displayed.

Your best bet is to create an account, modify it to suit, logout of your admin account and login with the new account and test it to make sure that it works the way you want.

Note: A user with no permissions will still have permission to change their own password.

Back