01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Add EZVIZ C3W Pro to Hikvision NVR DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B)?

ahmedabdulla

Good Afternoon Colleagues
I hope you are doing well . May i know how i can add EZVIZ C3W Pro to Hikvision NVR DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) ?

Best Regards

Hi @ahmedabdulla

To add the EZVIZ camera to your NVR you will need to plug the camera into a network switch on the same network as the NVR, then you need to install the EZVIZ PC Studio Software which will allow you to detect the camera on your local network. Once the camera is set up on your local network (with a fixed LAN IP address) you should then be able to use its IP address to manually add the camera to one of the free channels on the NVR.

Hello Dan
Thx for your detailed replay . Does EZVIZ C3W Pro suitable for outdoor installation ?

Best Regards

Hi @ahmedabdulla

The camera's datasheet states that it is IP67 rated so should be fine to use outdoors.

Good Morning Dan
In the datasheet of this camera , It listed "C3W Pro (4MP)" but its video bit rate is "Full HD" which i think is 1920 × 1080.
I think that Full HD or 1920 x 1080 means resolution of 2 MP not 4 MP . Am i correct ?

Best Regards

Hi @ahmedabdulla

Full HD is 1080p/2MP not 4MP, I think you are getting confused by 2 very similar products.

I searched the EZVIZ website and found 2 products, the C3W Pro which as you see from the datasheet actually has an icon stating "FHD 1080p" and also the C3W Pro (4MP) which states on its datasheet that it supports 4MP resolution.

They are the same style of bullet camera but one is 2MP and the other is 4MP.

Good Afternoon @Dan
Thx for your detailed replay and great explanation .

I have another inquiry related to this camera . It listed in the datasheet that "Night Vision Distance (Black/White Night Vision Mode)" is 30 meters . What about the distance for the Full Color Night Vision distance ?

Best Regards

Looking at the camera specs, there is no mention of white light LEDs for colour at night so this is probably why they don't state specific distance because how far you can see will be dependent on the nighttime lighting you have in your scene.

For example, if you had very bright security lights illuminating the scene you could probably get that full 30m distance, but if you've only got a couple of street lights in the scene or a weak porch light then the camera will probably only see as far as those lights reach.

Hi @ahmedabdulla

To add the EZVIZ camera to your NVR you will need to plug the camera into a network switch on the same network as the NVR, then you need to install the EZVIZ PC Studio Software which will allow you to detect the camera on your local network. Once the camera is set up on your local network (with a fixed LAN IP address) you should then be able to use its IP address to manually add the camera to one of the free channels on the NVR.
Hello Dan
I have a comment regarding your very first reply . After plug EZVIZ camera to network switch using its 10/100 Ethernet interface and complete all the steps you mentioned above , can i unplug the camera from the network switch and make it connect to any of WiFi access points connected on same network of NVR ? Can it operate normally through its WiFi connection where it can still be viewed as other cameras connected to NVR and recorded on hard disk inside NVR as other cameras connected to this NVR ?

Best Regards

Hi @ahmedabdulla

I don't think it will be possible to connect the camera directly to the NVR via WiFi because often the WiFi IP range is not the same as your LAN hard-wired IP range and the NVR may not be able to reach that WiFi IP range.

You can try setting the camera up on WiFi, see if the EZVIZ software can see its WiFi IP address, and then see if the NVR will connect to that WiFi address, but from past experience, I don't think it will work.

Thx for your important feedback / Let me check with EZVIZ before purchase the camera.

I will let you know.

Reactions: Dan
Good Afternoon Dan
Thx for your support . I would like to share with you that EZVIZ camera C3W Pro 4 MP has been added successfully to Hikvision NVR DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) .

The IP address at LAN interface is the same as the IP address of WiFi interface . So you can configure it via WiFi then connect it to NVR via Ethernet cable or vice versa .

In my setup , I have configured it via Ethernet and connect it to NVR via access point to NVR network.

Best Regards

Back