01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Recording issue with NVR08-PKHD - recording for a few days only?

ahmedabdulla

Good Afternoon Colleagues
I hope you are doing well . I have an issue with NVR08-PKHD . This NVR is 8 ports POE and have 5 IP Cameras connected to it . The hard disk is 1 TB . The issue that it records for very small time . For some cameras hours and for one camera only minutes.

Based on the inside hard disk , It should record not less than 3 weeks .

Attached is snapshots.

SO kindly advice the root cause of this issue and the resolution from your point of view

Thx in advance.

Best Regards

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 33
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 28
Hi @ahmedabdulla

Are all 5 IP cameras the same model? Are all 5 configured with the same stream settings as shown for camera 1 in the attached photo (e.g. 720p resolution & low video quality)?

Hi Dan
What i can confirm that all 5 cameras configured with the same stream settings as as shown for camera 1 but i am not sure if they are all same models or not but most probably yes.

Best Regards

Thanks,

Under the Record menu on the NVR, can you please share a photo confirming how you have the Record Schedule configured for the cameras?

Hi Dan
Thanks for your fast response . I don't have access to the system now as it is offline but i can confirm it is continuous recording all days.

Best Regards

Okay,

When you next have access to the system, can you please go to Maintenance > Log Information > Log Search and once there set the major type to Exception and set the time and date brackets to around the time the recording stopped and click search.

Please share a photo with us of the Exception log entries you get around the time the cameras stopped recording.

Good Afternoon Dan
Kindly find the requested snapshots.

Do you have any idea ?

Best Regards

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 23
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 22
Thanks @ahmedabdulla

This is all very confusing, the first image above appears to show similar recording files to the first screenshot but the time stamps are different which suggests you have actually got more recordings than you think you've got.

Also, the fact there are no error logs suggests your cameras haven't stopped recording.

Is there a specific reason you're using the "search" feature in playback rather than just viewing the playback timeline? Can you share a photo of what the playback timeline looks like for a couple of these cameras? (make sure the timeline is set to 24hrs before you take the photos)

Also, I just noticed in the latest set of photos that your time/date settings are configured to 2004, is this a new NVR that you have just set up and did it default to that time/date stamp when you set the NVR up?

Hi Dan
Thanks for your reply and your trying to help ...

I really can't understand well the first part of your message but tomorrow most probably i will visit the customer and will try to get snapshots from playback for more than one camera

This NVR is old and i try to adjust the date in more than separate occasion but it return to default once power removed. I think battery need to be replaced. Is that true ?

Best Regards

Back