01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

White supplement light turns on and off every 5 seconds?

jim gourlay

Really confused.I removed my dark fighter accusense 8mp DS- 2CD2386G2-ISU/SL camera and replaced with the two way audio colorvue accusense 8mp DS-2CD2387G2_LSU/SL .The default setting gave a black and white almost pure dark image to my surprise? I have to turn off the smart supplement light and smart supplement light mode setting to get a colour image which I get I think because of some ambient light.When I try to set the white light to auto adjust on app and adjust light output it changes to the totaly dark image, the opposite of what my other colorvue cameras does.I just straight swapped cameras .I’ve updated firmware and tried defaulting setting.Sometimes when I turn the supplemaent light on it works but turns on and of every 5 seconds as if it’s trying to sense.Is there a sensor fault , please help so confused , could it be confused with the old camera settings perhaps???

The default setting gave a black and white almost pure dark image to my surprise? I have to turn off the smart supplement light and smart supplement light mode setting to get a colour image which I get I think because of some ambient light.
Usually the default settings are reasonably good for the ColorVu cameras (though I would always alter the shutter speed/exposure time as the default is 1/12s which will result in motion blur. Sounds as though the camera was set to "Night" rather than "Day" in the exposure settings.
Sometimes when I turn the supplemaent light on it works but turns on and of every 5 seconds as if it’s trying to sense.Is there a sensor fault
The issue you describe above - on for 5 seconds, off for 5 seconds is usually caused by reflection and you may need to reposition the camera. What happens is:

There's insufficient light for Colour mode > the camera switches on the white LED light to enable a correctly exposed image > the LED light reflects off a nearby surface (wall, glass, soffit) back on to the camera > the image sensor picks up the reflected light > there's now sufficient light for colour mode so the LED light switches off > ......but there's now insufficient light so the LED turns back on - and so on and so on.

I've had this when I installed a ColorVu in an entrance porch. A lantern provided enough light but when the lantern was turned off, the LED came on. As the camera had a 2.8mm lens (105 deg field of view) the light reflected off the nearby wall switched it back off.

Yes but it won’t even switch on manually ?I can turn my other two colorvue on when I like if I feel light is low.I can’t do that with this one.Am i correct in saying I should be able to bring it on manually ?

Last edited:
Back