01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect How to disable acusense alarms from HikConnect App?

Hi.

Thanks.

Is there a 2nd manual alarm icon? What does that look like? I guess I am only seeing the 1 that does the nvr output. Hopefully that's due to the firmware.

So now, maybe best to contact hikvision support?

Any chance anyone has screenshots or screen recording of how it should look/behave. That could help convince hikvision to help.

See image, I only have the solid alarm bell icon, but also should the bell with lights also be showing.

Again, thanks for all your help.
Oh, and to confirm...

I should still be able to arm the system yeah?
By choosing away/stay etc? And that us still done in the devices menu?

Hi.

Thanks.

Is there a 2nd manual alarm icon? What does that look like? I guess I am only seeing the 1 that does the nvr output. Hopefully that's due to the firmware.

So now, maybe best to contact hikvision support?

Any chance anyone has screenshots or screen recording of how it should look/behave. That could help convince hikvision to help.

See image, I only have the solid alarm bell icon, but also should the bell with lights also be showing.

Again, thanks for all your help.
When connected to a compatible camera with siren/strobe light (ISU/SL or LSU/SL) you’ll get two additional icons on the toolbar below the picture. They’ll appear at the left hand side of the toolbar (you need to scroll the toolbar to the right hand end to get the one that fires the alarm output) See mine below for the two far left icons:

16140101-1938-4B73-902B-8C82079933AE.png
16140101-1938-4B73-902B-8C82079933AE.png

Oh, ok thanks

I can't scroll left

What a silly bug I have now then.

Can't trigger strobe/audio, and can't arm the system

Oh, ok thanks

I can't scroll left

What a silly bug I have now then.

Can't trigger strobe/audio, and can't arm the system
I take it you are connected to your NVR using the Hik Connect service (NVR is linked and online in platform access)? Some functions are only available when the NVR is registered with HikConnect and bot available when connected directly using IP address

I take it you are connected to your NVR using the Hik Connect service (NVR is linked and online in platform access)? Some functions are only available when the NVR is registered with HikConnect and bot available when connected directly using IP address
I ticked the check box in NVR gui.
There was an issue where it was off-line, and I have to add 8.8.8.8 in the port settings, then I added the NVR as a device using its serial number
Screenshot_20220305-024901_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220305-024838_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220305-024725_Hik-Connect.jpg

I have some 2386G2 cameras and I'd love to have the option to trigger the siren via app...

Is there a firmware update that supports this feature? Do I need to update my Camera FW or NVR FW, or both to get this feature?

Edit: i'm on V5.5.131 build 200220 - though nervous any new updates will remove the LED light to trigger on event.
Hi.

Did you have any luck?

I've read the function works for G5.

I also have G2 and can't get this function working, see below threads for more info.

H
That camera firmware is old (5.7.1) 5.7.3 is the latest version. Specifically there is an additional newer version of 5.7.3 on the portal which details a fix for the issue. Find it here:

Regarding the no audio on playback. Selecting “Video and Audio” only applies to the live stream. You need to set that for both the main and the sub stream. More importantly you need to tick the “record audio” option for each camera in settings > record schedule > advanced.
Hi.

I have reviewed the download link again.
My cameras are DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL. Is that different than the g5 that you've linked to
When I look at the main directory, I don't see anything for G2, the closest is the G3.

Thanks.

H

Hi.

I have reviewed the download link again.
My cameras are DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL. Is that different than the g5 that you've linked to
When I look at the main directory, I don't see anything for G2, the closest is the G3.

Thanks.
The download link I provided is the correct one for your camera but as mentioned I'm not sure whether there are any differences between the EU/UK and AU firmware code.

They (Hikvision) made life a little difficult to match up firmware to hardware in this case. All of the cameras are G2 models. The older G2 models use G3 firmware and the newer ones use G5 firmware as they have a different chip. The newer G5 models have the (c) revision in the part code, but the easiest way to identify them is by looking at System Settings Basic Information page in the camera at the bottom where it shows "Firmware Version Property". You'll see it in the second image of your original post - yours is "B-R-G5-0", so you have the newer model that uses G5.

Your NVR firmware is also very out of date I notice. Ignore the message in HikConnect app that says there are no new versions as that function has never worked (I'm not sure why they haven't removed it as it causes confusion). The latest version is 4.60.005. As you're back on 4.40.017, you should first update to a 4.50.xxx version, before loading the latest version if you decide to update.

Last edited:
The download link I provided is the correct one for your camera but as mentioned I'm not sure whether there are any differences between the EU/UK and AU firmware code.

They (Hikvision) made life a little difficult to match up firmware to hardware in this case. All of the cameras are G2 models. The older G2 models use G3 firmware and the newer ones use G5 firmware as they have a different chip. The newer G5 models have the (c) revision in the part code, but the easiest way to identify them is by looking at System Settings Basic Information page in the camera at the bottom where it shows "Firmware Version Property". You'll see it in the second image of your original post - yours is "B-R-G5-0", so you have the newer model that uses G5.
Oh gosh, that's 'clever' of them. I do see what you mean thanks.

Yep, I won't install that update yet, just incase there is a region issue, and that version isn't on the AU website.

I could always try that update, and 'update' back with the older file. Would that work, or it may break things?

I've also had a look at a post about the firmware update. They mention the one touch button to mute notifications. With that 'new' button, where would I expect to access the page where you arm the areas and open the camera details.
The old button was a bell with a hexagon/cog. Now it's a plain bell.

My current screen can't open areas/partition to arm

1646482641684.png

Old screen (screenshot from a how to file, that looks similar)

1646482728578.png

Attachments

• 1646482602172.png
    1646482602172.png
    148.3 KB · Views: 154
I could always try that update, and 'update' back with the older file. Would that work, or it may break things?
I'm not sure to be honest. Usually when you try and load a firmware that isn't valid, the camera will just not allow the update, but it is a risk.

I've also had a look at a post about the firmware update. They mention the one touch button to mute notifications. With that 'new' button, where would I expect to access the page where you arm the areas and open the camera details.
The old button was a bell with a hexagon/cog. Now it's a plain bell.

My current screen can't open areas/partition to arm
I've got the bell icon next to the device in the home page where I can enable/disable notifications for that device and I still have the icon to get to the settings for the device. I've never seen that screen before with the areas/partitions.

I'm not sure to be honest. Usually when you try and load a firmware that isn't valid, the camera will just not allow the update, but it is a risk.

I've got the bell icon next to the device in the home page where I can enable/disable notifications for that device and I still have the icon to get to the settings for the device. I've never seen that screen before with the areas/partitions.
Thanks again.

That's weird.

I wonder why I have things different

Do you have a way to choose the armed state. Like
Away - all smart events armed for all cameras
Stay - only some of the cameras armed (and which ones are bypassed) ie: when I am home, I still have the front line crossing armed, but not the ones in the back yard.

My button to get to there was where the notification bell icon is.

The other buttons open the settings for the NVR

Thanks again.

That's weird.

I wonder why I have things different

Do you have a way to choose the armed state. Like
Away - all smart events armed for all cameras
Stay - only some of the cameras armed (and which ones are bypassed) ie: when I am home, I still have the front line crossing armed, but not the ones in the back yard.

My button to get to there was where the notification bell icon is.

The other buttons open the settings for the NVR
Best keep this on one thread or the other. I've just explained on your other post that you have updated your NVR firmware from a customised version so you would need to downgrade to that previous customised firmware if you need the "arm areas" function. The previous firmware and setup info is here:

Best keep this on one thread or the other. I've just explained on your other post that you have updated your NVR firmware from a customised version so you would need to downgrade to that previous customised firmware if you need the "arm areas" function. The previous firmware and setup info is here:

Oh awesome, thanks

I will try that one tomorrow.

The firmware for my NVR before it's upgrade was very similar version. I had V4.40.010 build 210907. I wonder if after this downgrade, if I will still not be able to manualy trigger the cameras strobe/audio

So, if the new version doesn't have that customisation, do most people not want to be able to arm and disarm the cameras smart events? They just put all that on a timer?

Oh awesome, thanks

I will try that one tomorrow.

The firmware for my NVR before it's upgrade was very similar version. I had V4.40.010 build 210907. I wonder if after this downgrade, if I will still not be able to manualy trigger the cameras strobe/audio

So, if the new version doesn't have that customisation, do most people not want to be able to arm and disarm the cameras smart events? They just put all that on a timer?
I think the ability to trigger strobe/audio manually from HikConnect became available as a result of the NVR firmware rather than the camera. I forget which version introduced it but it will have been around V4.50 or above. In that regard neither your earlier customised firmware or what you upgraded it to will get it working. You would need to bring it up to date.

In short you need your old firmware for the area arming function and a much newer version for the function allowing you to manually start the siren/strobe. So you can’t have both.

You can time the events or just leave them active and use the icon to disable/enable the notifications. Also you can connect something up to alarm input 1 on the NVR - a switch, key switch or maybe a relay that’s activated when your alarm system is armed/disarmed.

I think the ability to trigger strobe/audio manually from HikConnect became available as a result of the NVR firmware rather than the camera. I forget which version introduced it but it will have been around V4.50 or above. In that regard neither your earlier customised firmware or what you upgraded it to will get it working. You would need to bring it up to date.

In short you need your old firmware for the area arming function and a much newer version for the function allowing you to manually start the siren/strobe. So you can’t have both.

You can time the events or just leave them active and use the icon to disable/enable the notifications. Also you can connect something up to alarm input 1 on the NVR - a switch, key switch or maybe a relay that’s activated when your alarm system is armed/disarmed.
Wow thanks.

I want all the features though

For such an expensive range of equipment, they fail there.
Eufy let's you do all those functions.

I like to fully arm the system when I leave for work, and also when I am asleep.

And when I am home and awake, only the front cameras are armed (break ins still occur when at home). If I know that someone is coming to visit, then, I disarm the front. Or even if a surprise visitor comes, I can disarm.

The alarm input 1, are you suggesting that I have a switch that will arm/disarm the entire system?
If a smart relay is used, then I use its seperate app to arm the system?

Wow thanks.

I want all the features though

For such an expensive range of equipment, they fail there.
Eufy let's you do all those functions.

I like to fully arm the system when I leave for work, and also when I am asleep.

And when I am home and awake, only the front cameras are armed (break ins still occur when at home). If I know that someone is coming to visit, then, I disarm the front. Or even if a surprise visitor comes, I can disarm.

The alarm input 1, are you suggesting that I have a switch that will arm/disarm the entire system?
Yeah I can see the use case, but reading the documentation I'd see that feature more useful in a commercial rather than domestic situation. I use the live guard cameras solely for two way audio (if I'm out and someone is at the door). I didn't become aware of that customised firmware until a short while ago. Unfortunately anything in the customised firmware area of the portal seems to be for a specific use case and is a modified version of the standard firmware at that time. Updating to a newer standard version will overwrite the customisation. You'll see a number of posts on here regarding the ability to trigger the LED light on the none strobe/siren version of the cameras. That too was added into the firmware for those cameras in a special version of 5.7.2 firmware.....As it is a customisation, the feature is not in the newer 5.7.3.

Yes it can be used to arm and disarm all

Yes you could use a smart relay and use it's app, a GSM relay and use a call/SMS, a standalone keypad with volt free contacts, key switch, light switch, pretty much anything.

I never got around to updating the firmware to enable this feature.. I was too scared I'd lose the ability to have my strobe light tigger on an Event if i upgraded the firmware.

I just get nervous with updating firmware, my system works fine the way it is and I'd hate to muck it up with newer firmware, especially the shitshow Hikvision have with versioning, portals and release notes.

You have to download LiveGuard specific firmware supposedly: https://www.hikvision.com/au-en/products/IP-Products/Network-Video-Recorders/Pro-Series/DS-7616NI-I2-16P/

I have G3 cameras, bought from an authorised dealer in Sydney.

To be able to manually trigger the strobe light or siren would be ideal, and something I'd like to enable for my wife in the event she's home alone, or if we're away from the house and get a notification (we haven't linked the siren to sound off when an Event happens --- as it could get annoying for the neighbours etc.)

Hi.

Did you have any luck?

I've read the function works for G5.

I also have G2 and can't get this function working, see below threads for more info.

Last edited:
Hey mate

Just a quick reply for now, from my phone.

Are you in Australia also?

Yep, I had alot more luke when I found the arm/disarm function was called live guard. then I knew what to search haha. Then I found the correct firmware, which also gets updated.

System working ok now. Still not perfect.
My installer was ridiculous and didn't know anything about the firmware and all the settings.

Back