01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

1-2 camera system advice

CloudSurfer

Hi there,

I am new to the forum, hoping to get some advice on a suitable system. I am looking for a system which will support 1 or 2 cameras to cover my driveway. It needs to give clear video up to 20 metres away at night. The reason I say 2 cameras is just in case the angle is too narrow to capture the whole driveway. Cost is a big factor, it only really needs to record the last couple of days but I guess more would be good to cover holidays.

Any advice very much appreciated.

all the best
CS

Night image more important than day image?
Any supplementary lighting?

Hi there,
thanks for the replies, yes night vision is more important really, there is a flood light but it’s motion won’t get triggered from that distance. Is Hikvision a good starting poin?
cheers
CS

Hi there,
thanks for the replies, yes night vision is more important really, there is a flood light but it’s motion won’t get triggered from that distance. Is Hikvision a good starting poin?
cheers
CS
That's what I used to have in both my own house and now use in a small buy-to-let I rent out. It is a good balance of quality vs price (noit too cheap though...)

For my own house I've switched to Milesight. Their small PTZ-s are god-given! It is difficult to get hold of them in the UK though, I've managed to source from sone SHeffield-based supplier but they were literally the last ones they had at the time. Besides, if cost is a big factor, then I would stick to the time-tested Hikvision!

You may also wish to consider Dahua. It is a sort cheaper version of Hik and I personally don;t like it. Yet... cheaper :)

Back