01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

4 Channel Acusense Hybrid PoC DVR - Black screen in play until reboot?

John1234

Hi there,

We recently installed two Hikvision DS-2CE72KF3T-E 5MP 3K TVI Colorvu PoC Turret 2.8mm and a Hikvision IDS-7204HUHI-M1/P 5MP TVI 4 Channel Acusense Hybrid PoC DVR. It has a monitor plugged into the DVR, and playback functioned perfectly after installation. 48 hours later, the customer called and claimed that all of the playback was black.

I went to the site and it was showing a black screen on both cameras when on playback, so I rebooted the dvr and playback, and the images were OK.

3 days later, same thing, figured it was a bad HDD or DVR, so purchased a new HDD and DVR, returned to site, fitted new system, left playback operating 24 hours later, customer calls again claiming playback is showing black screen. Rebooted DVR and all the playback came back.....

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

No, the entire screen does not go black. It does not display any camera playback images; it appears that the dvr is unable to retrieve the images until it is rebooted.

No, the entire screen does not go black. It does not display any camera playback images; it appears that the dvr is unable to retrieve the images until it is rebooted.
Morning John,

Is the DVR monitor and web GUI playback the same?

Do you know if both DVR's used the same firmware? If so maybe downgrade the original DVR.

Can you replicate the problem on the bench?

David

To be honest, I didn't check the Web GUI at the time, yes, they were both running the same firmware, now that I have the original one, I'm going to set it up at our office next week and try to replicate.

If I can replicate, I'll try downgrading and running tests again. I figured I'd ask the question here in case it was a known bug that I wasn't aware of. Thank you for your assistance.

Oh.. and another thing I forgot to mention I have them both setup on hik proconnect. The router was port forwarded I was able to access remotely for the 1st time but next time I tried to access it just says incorrect password on both dvrs. I know the password is 100% correct

Last edited by a moderator:
Back