01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Acusense ip cameras + non Acusense DVR?

poolshark

Hi again, i have a hikvision ds-7208huhi-k1 dvr ( firmware and version V4.20.000 build 181107) and yesterday i added 2 Acusense ip cameras.
so i have 4 analogue and 2 ip cameras installed
when i have 6 cameras showing on my dvr monitor the 2 ip cameras look blurry..other 4 are fine. But when i click into individual ip cameras seperately they are chrystal clear.
when i use hik -connect app they turn blurry after a few seconds and turn clear again...
what are the correct settings for these cameras? as in:
Resolution 2688 x 1520 ?

bitrate type constant?

Video quality highest?

Frame rate 15?

Max bitrate?

video encoding h.264 or h.265?
would updating the firmware help? if i can find the correct firmware that is

Hi @poolshark

It doesn't look like there is anything wrong with your stream settings, I think this is just to do with the decoding limitation of the DVR.

The DVR datasheet does not make this information clear but usually on IP NVRs we see that the higher the resolution of your cameras the fewer cameras you can decode/live stream at the same time. Based on what you are experiencing it sounds like the DVR only supports decoding 4 x 4MP cameras at the same time at main stream resolution, any additional cameras will stream at sub stream resolution.

There is no way to see all 6 cameras at their max. resolution without reducing the resolution to say 2MP, but what I should make clear is that decoding limitations only impact the live stream and in the background, the cameras will still be recording to the DVR storage in their main stream resolution.

Dan, thank you again for your reply. I took acusense cameras back to the store and purchased 2 x 5mp colorvu cameras which work perfectly along with the existing 4x 4mp hikvision turrets. So all ended up ok.

Dan, thank you again for your reply. I took acusense cameras back to the store and purchased 2 x 5mp colorvu cameras which work perfectly along with the existing 4x 4mp hikvision turrets. So all ended up ok.
i got an email from tech support today..that if i upgraded my firmware to latest firmware it would help. and no need to upgrade firmware in increments..just jump to latest version

Reactions: Dan
Back