01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Adding New User Issues

Rick47

I have two users, 1 Super and 1 guest (Operator) - Both work fine over the internet (WAN).
I just added a third (Operator), restricting this user to Live View only on all cameras (Profile Identical to guest).
Issue 1.
When I try to logon with this new user 'ella' the login is rejected with 'Invalid User name or password'.
I've tried this several times and this is what I have tried so far:
Changed the password
Changed the user name to lower case instead of first capital letter.
Rebooted the system
All to no avail. Am I missing something? The 'guest' user works fine and has an identical profile to ella.
Issue 2.
When I logon as guest (restricted to Live View only on all cameras) I am able to modify many things which I was not expecting, such as changing the device name! The user is also able to view playback as well as changing many parameters. It seems to me that the restrictions placed on this user are not implemented at all.
Again - am I missing something?

OS Windows 10 64bit - Logon in over the WAN via my DYNS name using Firefox browser - NVR Model DS-7608NI-E2

UPDATE
This is very strange. I logged on directly to the NVR which is connected to the TV screen .
On getting into the user area there was no third user named ella showing - but it still shows via the iVMS-4200 app.
I added the new user and restricted the permissions to just Live View - while connected directly.
Result:
I can now log in as ella from my PC via the DYNS and view the cameras, but I can still modify critical areas of the configuration and view recorded files - which is scary. I cannot therefore allow this user to connect with this kind of access.
I also then found another area in iVMS-4200 where you can manage Users.
Originally I have been configuring the users via Control Panel>Account Management, but if I right click on a camera image in Main view and select Remote Configuration>User I can see my three users and can also configure their permissions. However this does nothing and I can still make critical changes to the setup using the ella user with only permission to view the cameras.
Unless someone can tell me otherwise, I believe that there are some serious flaws in this software.
I can find nowhere in either the NVR firmware or the iMVS-4200 software that effectively manages the users access rights.

Have you tried adding Ella as a user rather than an operator?

Kieran:
Options available are Administrator, Operator or Guest. I've tried both Operator and Guest with permision for only Live View, but they can still do things like change the IP.

Hi ,

try to make firmware update to latest version and restore to all.
Also , maybe this is network issue (wifi or 3G/4G ).

Hi ,

try to make firmware update to latest version and restore to all.
Also , maybe this is network issue (wifi or 3G/4G ).

My network is running via the house power cable infrastructure using Devolo adaptors, and I'm getting 169Mbps - so no WiFi. I'm fairly sure that I'm on the latest revision of the firmware : V3.4.2 build 160201. (Anyone tell me otherwise?)
This is definitely an issue with the management software/firmware. I wonder if anyone out there has tried to configure an operator/guest with only access to Live View. It would be interesting to note if they are also able to change crucial elements like IP address and Device name with this basic permission.

The latest version is 3.4.91 build 161220 . Is your nvr 7708NI-E2 right? Download from hikvision europe portal and then restore all . I think that this fix your issue. Also the latest version for pc client (windows) ivms-4200 is v2.5.1.7 .

The latest version is 3.4.91 build 161220 . Is your nvr 7708NI-E2 right? Download from hikvision europe portal and then restore all . I think that this fix your issue. Also the latest version for pc client (windows) ivms-4200 is v2.5.1.7 .
babiskarg: I'm obliged for the info about the new firmware, but I can only see 3.4.90 build 161008 on the Hikvision site.
I have upgraded to that, but it is minor revision and nothing is said in the upgrade notes about user permissions. True to expectations, nothing had changed and I can still mess with basic configuration when only authority to view cameras is given. I am already on the latest iMVS-4200 software.
HOWEVER: :confused:
After trying a couple of things something has come to light. I decided to change the IP while logged in as ella, which it did quite happily, but when I clicked on save I got the message 'No Permissions' - Phew
This seems to be the Hikvision way, rather than removing the Configuration tab or at least disabling it, the application allows you to modify the fields, but doesn't allow the save.
As a programmer myself, that't not the way I would have done it - but hey - it does the job.
Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Back