01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

After Enabling Rotate/Corridor Mode for one of my Cameras the Live View appears Squashed in the Hik-Connect App

There's also no date stamp etc so looks to me as it you are not showing all of the image on the screen. I'd try follwoing the setup again and see what happens.

There's also no date stamp etc so looks to me as it you are not showing all of the image on the screen. I'd try follwoing the setup again and see what happens.

The date stamp is there, just faint. Top left :)

Any ideas? :)
We have been away investigating this issue for a customer with Hikvision and we think we have identified the issue, the camera has to be added to the Hik-Connect app using the P2P cloud method and not directly via IP/domain as the user interface of the app actually appears different depending on which way you add the device and the expand/rotate arrows are only visible when the device is added via P2P.

To set up the P2P method you will need to delete the current device from your app and then log in to the camera using a browser and go to Configuration > Network > Advanced Settings > Platform Access and make sure that Hik-Connect is enabled and a verification code is set. (which can be the same as your login password for ease of remembering it - although you can't use special characters)

With this done you can then either log in to the Hik-Connect portal with the same login details as the app and add the device using the serial number & verification code, or go to manual adding in the app and select Hik-Connect Domain to again add the device via the serial number and code.

Brill, thanks. I tried to avoid HikConect as I assumed this goes through Hikvision's Cloud platform and I don't want any stream going to their servers.

What is the actual difference in doing it this way? Is it just a way around having to open ports?

Does it affect quality/frame rate, and does it remember being set to HD/Clear so you don't have to keep changing it from Fluent?

Cheers!

So yes the P2P method does connect your device to the app through the Hikvision cloud servers and as far as I am aware there is no difference in terms of the image quality and the HD/standard settings.

I understand that some people are wary of the P2P method going through the cloud but there are 2 important things. You still need the verification code to access the stream and secondly, unless you manually share or unbind the device it cannot be viewed on multiple Hik-Connect accounts.

Hikvision, Dahua, and other cheaper brands have been caught out before for having dodgy code and potential backdoor access to their devices (all issues which have now been fixed) and so they now know that people are monitoring them and the publicity risks of another security slip up like that is not worth it.

Managed to get it working using Hik-Connect P2P Cloud. However, when playing back recordings, no way to switch to corridor view so it looks skewed. Any ideas?

Hi @tedted22

The last we had heard Hikvision was working on a fix for this that would appear in a future firmware/software update but no confirmation on when this will be available. We would recommend that you just keep the firmware for the NVR, camera, and Hik-Connect up to date and keep checking for any improvement in this feature.

Sorry for bringing this old thread back but just wondering if you've heard anything more about this? When a camera is set to corridor mode, the hikconnect app still isn't able to display the stream (either live or playback) and still displays it as landscape 16:9 which is squashed. This is if I look at the camera through the NVR. If I add the camera by its own IP address direct to the app, it correctly shows the portrait layout :(

Thanks

Sorry for bringing this old thread back but just wondering if you've heard anything more about this? When a camera is set to corridor mode, the hikconnect app still isn't able to display the stream (either live or playback) and still displays it as landscape 16:9 which is squashed. This is if I look at the camera through the NVR. If I add the camera by its own IP address direct to the app, it correctly shows the portrait layout :(

Thanks
Any update on this at all?

Same issue for me. I have a camera in corridor mode. Corridor mode displays fine via the web interface, and also via the Hik-Connect when viewing live, but if I playback a recording in the app its not displayed in corridor mode and there are no arrows to rotate/expand view to full screen, so image is skewed.

So it seems that corridor mode works fine for live view in Hik-connect, or live and playback in browser, but not playback in Hik-Connect.

Its a 2.8mm camera I’ve got, and it’s in corridor mode as it captures neighbours window otherwise. Should have used a 4mm in hindsight.

Back