01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ANPR & iVMS 4200

Andyc

Hi,
I want to install a simple ANPR systems to log all vehicles passing a point on a road.

What is needed are number plate images and a short videos of each vehicle that passes the point.
This is for a community project where funds are limited and so trying to get the least expensive solution.

I know this can be done with a suitable camera and NVR but can it be done without the NVR and using the free version of iVMA 4200 ?

Thank you
Andy

Thanks for the reply - from what I have read the camera will only record snapshots of the number plate and if you have a NVR you can get the video clip but can't seem to find info on that feature in the 4200 software.

Hikvision technical support (South Africa) told me it's not possible for the camera to save the short video to the SD card like the NVR does. iVMS-4200 does offer a storage server option and it 'might' be possible via that route.
To view plate captures and short videos from iVMS-4200 connected to a NVR, you need to load the Licence Plate Retrieval module.
If you just have an LPR camera saving to the SD card, we had to use the Road Traffic module pointing to the IP address of the camera.

Thanks for the replies.

If I have understood correctly from what I read on page 122, the iVMS-4200 program will not record video clips but can only retrieve from another device which can capture clips and I guess that will have to be a NVR

Stewart - Your last sentence refers - I assume that in that setup you were only able to retrieve the snapshots of the plates.

Andy

Hi Andyc,

I can tell you that it's true that the iVMS-4200 only exports pictures, but your SD card does record videos. I don't know how to export this, but you can view them. How to:
- Connect a PC to the camera while running with the SD card still in camera.
- Start Internet Explorer as Administrator
- Go to the IP address of the camera. Log into the Hikvision admin.
- My settings are in Dutch, but the first tab is Live view, the second tab is for checking the videos in the browser! Go to the right date in the right hand side. Below in the screen should be all the hits, just press play. See attachment for printscreen.

Ruben

Attachments

• hikvision.png
    hikvision.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 382
Back