01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

AX PRO Batteries didn't last long?

Hikvision's AX PRO intruder alarm systems

Murfy92

How long should the batteries last on the peripherals? (Some of the peripheral batteries didn't last longer than 6 months)

What replacement batteries do you recommend for the magnetic door/window peripherals?

How long should the batteries last on the peripherals? (Some of the peripheral batteries didn't last longer than 6 months)

What replacement batteries do you recommend for the magnetic door/window peripherals?
That's very poor. I don't use the AX Pro so have no experience of battery life for that kit. However with the Pyronix and Risco systems that I install 2 years is pretty much a guarantee. I replace all device batteries every other annual service visit.

Upvote 0
The standard battery life is stated in Hikvision's datasheet and webpage for each product - it's normally at least a few years.

E.g. for the DS-PDMC-EG2-WE, Hikvision state here that the battery life is 5 years.

So if they're only lasting 6 months, it's probably worth raising this with your supplier as you should be getting much longer out of them.

Upvote 0
I use the company in Phil's second link (Buyabattery). For CR123's CR2's I'll always use the Panasonic. As I'm changing them routinely at two years rather than at 'low battery' warning I see little point in paying the premium for the Duracell.

Upvote 0
Back