01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Blurry, interference-type image. Are these cameras on the way out?

kevinlagan

Hi all. Very new to forum and cctv. We had a Hikvision system installed about 15 months ago. However, now 2 of the cameras have a very blurry, interference-type image. Are these cameras on the way out? I don't think they have been knocked or moved. The other 6 cameras are fine. I have attached an image for reference. Are they easily replaced if they are broken?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230515_102431_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20230515_102431_Hik-Connect.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 154
Hi @kevinlagan

Can you confirm the model number(s) of the 2 cameras that are playing up?

can you get onto the web interface of the box?

Looks like TVI cameras to me. Any reference details from an invoice or anything when you had it installed?

It's difficult to diagnose/guess without model numbers. You should be able to get the model number of the NVR straight from your Hik-Connect app. Settings > Remote Configuration > Basic Information.

My guess as @rorton has said, is that they're HDTVi analogue cameras (you wouldn't get that interference on IP models). It's possible that the issue is down to the camera power supply. You may find that those two cameras either share a power supply (some models are supposed to use individual supplies) or share a cable (multiple signals in a single CAT5 cable can cause interference like that).

Unfortunately to diagnose you'd need to access the recorder and power supplies.

Reactions: Dan
That model is definitely an analogue tvi camera. Do you know if you have a separate power supply for the cameras somewhere, either something like a white box on the wall where the power part of the cable will go to or a couple of plug in power supplies that split the power to a group of cameras?

I’ve also seen similar with poorly terminated connections where the weather has got to them, May just need re terminating.

Back