01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Bullet camera installation - How would I go about routing the cables on the arm without leaving them exposed?

Jackmin

I recently purchased some hikvision cameras and Im looking for some advice on how to install them.

However my issue is that the cable sticking out of the bullet camera is from the rear and the only provided mount is an arm which mounts from the bottom.

How would I go about routing the cables on the arm without leaving them exposed?
There is no way to mount the camera from the rear, but it looks like there is a way to attach a conduit of some sorts to the rear of the cable but I can't seem to find a suitable adapter.
(arm & camera pictured):

Last edited:
I don't think you will find a bracket to suit that camera which also provides cable protection.

Upvote 0
Should I just leave the cable exposed or perhaps put the entire camera in a housing?

How would I be able to attach a conduit to this?

Upvote 0
Hi @Jackmin

Probably the only way to add extra protection to the cable on this camera would be to run it through some kind of flexible conduit.
Hey Dan,

I am aware that using a flexible conduit is the best option, but how could I attached it to the back of the camera to create a watertight connection?
I don't know which adapter/fitting I need to connect it to the rear of the camera. See first picture

Upvote 0
Hi @Jackmin

The simple answer is that there probably won't be any type of connection that will protect the cable on this camera.

If Hikvision designed this camera for outdoor use and didn't provide any kind of protection for the cable, then you can assume that the seal on the back of the camera is enough to protect the cable and as long as you angle the cable down from the back of the camera so that water cannot run into the back of the camera you shouldn't see any issues.

Upvote 0
Hi @Jackmin

The simple answer is that there probably won't be any type of connection that will protect the cable on this camera.

If Hikvision designed this camera for outdoor use and didn't provide any kind of protection for the cable, then you can assume that the seal on the back of the camera is enough to protect the cable and as long as you angle the cable down from the back of the camera so that water cannot run into the back of the camera you shouldn't see any issues.
Hey Dan,

Appreciate your advice, if I were to run the cable naked mounted outside, do you have any suggestion of how I can get a clean install through the roof into my attic?

Obviously, I would need to drill a hole into the ceiling to access the attic, but how would I go about making this seem as professional as possible without leaving a massive hole with a cable sticking into it? Is there some type of grommet or cover I could use.

Upvote 0
I'm guessing that on the end of the flying lead from that camera will be an RJ45 socket, which is going to make it difficult to do as you would hope :(
e.g. you can get stuffing glads that will allow an RJ45 plug to pass through, then seal on the cable.
But I'm not aware of anything that will have a large enough hole to allow an RJ45 socket to pass through.

Did the camera come with a waterproof connector?
You could leave the RJ45 connection outside / overwrap it with self-amalgamating tape.
Then you can weatherproof the hole that you drill for only your network cable as it exits the loft.

Upvote 0
Back