01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cable for Hikvision PTZ

scooby73466

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Could someone tell me which cable I should be using for a Hikvision DS-2DE4220IW-D 2MP external IR PTZ (12V) PTZ camera please ? I know it's a discontinued camera but it's only 5 years old. At the moment it has a "Lan Cable FTP Cat5e 100Ω" cable between the camera and the NVR. And finally, can anyone tell me if I gain access to the power and ethernet cable through the flap in this image and I presume that the ethernet cable is terminated with a RJ45 plug in the camera ?
IMG_9040 copy.jpg

Yes, I'd expect it to be as you say - that you can gain access to the cables vie the flap.
It really depends on the installer as to whether there will be enough slack and if you can do much without taking the bracket down.

Cat5e or better is fine to connect your camera back to the NVR.
Cat6 is better.
Cat6A is the new kid on the block and even better.

Yes, I'd expect it to be as you say - that you can gain access to the cables vie the flap.
It really depends on the installer as to whether there will be enough slack and if you can do much without taking the bracket down.

Cat5e or better is fine to connect your camera back to the NVR.
Cat6 is better.
Cat6A is the new kid on the block and even better.
Thank you for the reply. It seems that I made a mistake already insofar as I have bought a drum of Cat5e cable. My intention is initially to put my BPS DIY scaffold tower up to the camera and, having made a Cat5e cable of sufficient length, to run it directly from my NVR, out of the house, along the exterior wall, and up to the camera. as a temporary test for the camera. I will have to put RJ45 connectors on both ends of the cable but I can test them with a circuit tester that I bought. If I still haven't got any data coming back from the camera then I think I shall take the camera down, bring it into the office and having retrieved the 240V/12V transformer from the attic I will set up the camera in my office with very short cables.
I will anchor the camera securely in my workmate and at least I will be able prove once and for all if the camera is O.K.

Last edited:
Back