01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera showing "No video" after I changed the resolution settings?

G1killer

afternoon,

Was messing about with hikvision settings and one of the cameras I was changing the resolution and accidentally set it to 3K20?
Now the camera is showing no video
I have reset the box to default settings and tried everything and is still showing no video
Can anyone help please or where do I go from here?
It’s hikvision 5mp colourvu cameras

afternoon,

Was messing about with hikvision settings and one of the cameras I was changing the resolution and accidentally set it to 3K20?
I have reset the box to default settings and tried everything and is still showing no video
It sounds as though you've remotely changed the resolution on the camera itself on the DVR. It's perhaps that your DVR cannot display 3K20 - many can't. All new DVR models support it (at least the ones that support 5MP cameras, as 3K is still around 5MP but in a different aspect ratio). Some previous models will also support 3K20 with a firmware upgrade where available.

The easiest thing to do is to first see if your DVR can be updated to a version that will support 3K as that will bring your images back. Otherwise you'll need to access the cameras and reset them/use the button on the cable to circulate through the available resolutions (press and hold the button for 5 seconds, release, camera switches to next resolution, repeat until you get an image.)

From the settings of your DVR post the full model number, firmware version and build date (do not post the serial number) and we should be able to see if an update is available that will bring your DVR up to date with the newer camera image format.

IMG_0501.jpeg

Latest version of firmware for your model is on the UK product page here:

You can download that file and update your recorder from the maintenance page.

It will bring your recorder up to date but may not solve the problem...HQHI-K series models are generally accepted to support 2MP (1080P) maximum resolution cameras (HUHI-K do up to 5MP, HTHI-K do up to 8MP). Your cameras have a selectable resolution - 2MP, 5MP, 3K20 and you've set the camera to a resolution higher than the recorder supports. You may have to access the camera and plug it directly into the recorder to switch the resolution using the button...

afternoon,

Hi, I have just done the same thing, changed the resolution to 3K20 and now have No Video

Did you find a solution to this or have to buy a new camera ?

Back