01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cameras don’t auto-start recordings after my DS-7608NI-M2 /8P NVR reboots?

Hi JB

I will try out the above and get back to you.

Another odd thing that I’ve just seen this morning when using the Hik-Connect app to view the cameras live - since all firmware updates have been installed on NVR, there is a pop up on each camera screen that says “Armed” and when I go into “Playbsck” on each camera, it seems that it is only recording motion/event clips and allows you to click on All, Event, Human, Vehicle playback events which is new and it is not recording any Continuous recording. See screenshots attached which is quite odd now.
The 'Armed', 'Disarmed', 'Arm Silently' is fairly new. By default all cameras will 'arm' globally. The cool feature is that you can split the cameras into areas with a camera only being allowed into one area - think of it as zoning. Once that's configured (from the Hik-Connect app) you can individually 'arm' or 'disarm' the groups so that you get alerts from one but not the other.

The filtered playback is also new and only available on some models with new firmware. Clicking 'All' should show a solid blue bar if it is recording 24/7 (with green markers showing the events) Clicking 'Human' removes the normal recording to just show the AcuSense events and will play them all continuously (manually dragging the timeline then letting go will skip to the next event after the time you drag to)

The 'Armed', 'Disarmed', 'Arm Silently' is fairly new. By default all cameras will 'arm' globally. The cool feature is that you can split the cameras into areas with a camera only being allowed into one area - think of it as zoning. Once that's configured (from the Hik-Connect app) you can individually 'arm' or 'disarm' the groups so that you get alerts from one but not the other.

The filtered playback is also new and only available on some models with new firmware. Clicking 'All' should show a solid blue bar if it is recording 24/7 (with green markers showing the events) Clicking 'Human' removes the normal recording to just show the AcuSense events and will play them all continuously (manually dragging the timeline then letting go will skip to the next event after the time you drag to)
Hi JB

So can I disarm these if I’m not using any special features for this.

With regards to playback filtering, I can playback clips by the event types but if I click on All I am not getting the solid blue bar and no continuous recording and I’m pretty certain that before I left the property I manually started the recording on each camera.

I am going to go over later and check and carry out the other checks you have advised.

Many thanks for taking the time to look into my issues which is really appreciated.

Thanks

Hi JB

So can I disarm these if I’m not using any special features for this.

With regards to playback filtering, I can playback clips by the event types but if I click on All I am not getting the solid blue bar and no continuous recording and I’m pretty certain that before I left the property I manually started the recording on each camera.

I am going to go over later and check and carry out the other checks you have advised.

Many thanks for taking the time to look into my issues which is really appreciated.

Thanks
Yes, if you disarm it will stop push notifications to the app, along with the event clips. I tend to leave mine on.

Yes, if you disarm it will stop push notifications to the app, along with the event clips. I tend to leave mine on.
Hi JB

I think I’ve got the to auto record now - I’ve tried several reboots and it is recording continuously and on the Hik-Connect app I can now see the solid blue bar for the continuous recordings as well as all event type recordings. Below is what I’ve done so don’t know what made it work.

1. The logs did not show anything abnormal

2. When you go on each camera screen on the monitor the Record icon still says “Start Recording” even though everything is working so am I right that this is on the the camera direct if it had a storage card - if so this is where I might have been getting confused. See pic.

3. Configuration > Storage > Advanced Configuration > 'Others' that 'Overwriting' is enabled (all three checkboxes should be ticked

The third option (Save camera VCAData) was not ticked so I ticked this aswell.

4. Even though the record schedule directly on each camera was Disabled, I logged on to each camera and also deleted the record schedule (the continuous blue bars) and rebooted.

After several reboots the recording seems to be working continuous and event recordings and it shows them all in the playbacks on the Hik-Connect app.

The “Start Record” icon on each camera screen on the monitor screen has been left as is as I’m now guessing this was the setting directly for each camera.

I attach all pics now of settings after everting is working as expected.

I have not enabled the armour setting yet but could do.

Many thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_2040.jpeg
    IMG_2040.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2041.jpeg
    IMG_2041.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2042.jpeg
    IMG_2042.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2043.jpeg
    IMG_2043.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2044.jpeg
    IMG_2044.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 65
That's all looking good, looks like you've cracked it.
2. When you go on each camera screen on the monitor the Record icon still says “Start Recording” even though everything is working so am I right that this is on the the camera direct if it had a storage card - if so this is where I might have been getting confused. See pic.
All that will do is start manual recording and record a second copy of the main stream. I've just checked and mine is the same. When continuous recording was in use, it used to stop rather than start recording. After the recorder is rebooted, all you're looking for is that red movie clapperboard icon in the upper right corner. That indicates recording is taking place (though unfortunately it only shows on the local monitor not the web viewer at the moment)

The third option (Save camera VCAData) was not ticked so I ticked this aswell.
That's needed if you were to search footage for something other than a pre configured event (doing a VCA search by drawing a line etc) so is best kept enabled.

That's all looking good, looks like you've cracked it.

All that will do is start manual recording and record a second copy of the main stream. I've just checked and mine is the same. When continuous recording was in use, it used to stop rather than start recording. After the recorder is rebooted, all you're looking for is that red movie clapperboard icon in the upper right corner. That indicates recording is taking place (though unfortunately it only shows on the local monitor not the web viewer at the moment)

That's needed if you were to search footage for something other than a pre configured event (doing a VCA search by drawing a line etc) so is best kept enabled.
That’s good to know.

On my own NVR - DS-7608NI-I2/P8, the auto recording always starts so thats why I was thinking it was an issue with my daughters system but it’s all working now and will leave it alone.

Thanks for your help.

That’s good to know.

On my own NVR - DS-7608NI-I2/P8, the auto recording always starts so thats why I was thinking it was an issue with my daughters system but it’s all working now and will leave it alone.

Thanks for your help.
Hi

on occasions and on different cameras, I have been getting “Playing Failed” error message when trying to playback footage. See screenshot.

Any ideas as to what the cause might be.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2120.png
    IMG_2120.png
    210.3 KB · Views: 68
Back