01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can I add my 16-channel DVR to a 16-channel NVR?

Erion

Hi i’m new to this forum
I’m trying to ad an 16 channel hikvision dvr to a hikvision poe nvr to view analog channels of my dvr on the nvr
I apreciate your help

Hi @Erion,

There is no way to add a whole DVR to an NVR, you could potentially add the individual analog cameras to an NVR using an encoder but this will be expensive (£100+ per camera)

The easiest way to view cameras from a Hikvision DVR and NVR in the same place is to use Hikvision's iVMS-4200 software which as long as the DVR is network-accessible will allow you to add both the DVR and NVR to the same software and view all the cameras there, but we have never tried this ourselves as we don't work with analog systems so I don't know if there are disadvantages/limitations to viewing a DVR this way.

Hi @Erion,

There is no way to add a whole DVR to an NVR, you could potentially add the individual analog cameras to an NVR using an encoder but this will be expensive (£100+ per camera)

The easiest way to view cameras from a Hikvision DVR and NVR in the same place is to use Hikvision's iVMS-4200 software which as long as the DVR is network-accessible will allow you to add both the DVR and NVR to the same software and view all the cameras there, but we have never tried this ourselves as we don't work with analog systems so I don't know if there are disadvantages/limitations to viewing a DVR this way.
I v made it to conect but when try to maximize a channel displays unsuported stream type

I v made it to conect but when try to maximize a channel displays unsuported stream type
I v connected the whole dvr
And shows all the channels of the dvr exept i cant maximize

Sorry, this doesn't make any sense, can you send some screenshots of what you have done and what you can see please?

Hi @Erion,

I've made it to connect but when try to maximize a channel displays stream type (see below)

This is the model of the nvr
But i don t remember the dvr model

I work for a security company and i was working on alarm system to a hotel
i v seen the camera connected this way and after some time they made some changes on the network of the hotel and changed the modem and routers and this connection of the dvr and the nvr was broke
They asked me if i can fix this, and i checked the dvr then realized there is no hdd on that

I changed the IP's according to the new network the IP cameras returned ok then I had to add the dvr channels on the nvr

I made a manual camera add and inserted the IP the port and credentials of the dvr then pressed add and the displayed a table with all the 16 channels of the dvr and ask me to chek the channels i want to add, i v checked all the channels then all the channels added successfully, then when i tried to maximize a channel of the dvr displays ‘unsupported stream type”

After i changed the resolution to the cameras and some of them was fixed

Sorry for my English I'm an Albanian, If i go again there i will made a screenshot to show how i made it

I've worked on hikvision and dahua systems, and over 10 years of experience on installing and programming dsc paradox and other brands of alarms in a security company i work for
In this way, there’s no need of hdd on the dvr because the channels of the dvr was recording on the nvr

Attachments

• 6FDA585B-EA86-4AF1-86DA-F00463E49C15.jpeg
    6FDA585B-EA86-4AF1-86DA-F00463E49C15.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 222
Back