01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

What NVR Would You Recommend to Replace a DS-7716NI-E4/16P NVR?

gwc

Hi all
Bought a DS-7716NI-E4/16 off here back in the day and it’s worked great
Used mainly DS-2CD2052-I bullet cameras probably 12 in total
Lately I’ve been upgrading to DS-2CD2047G2-L(U) added 2 in total and tried to add another 2 but getting offline: parameter error on the nvr browser
I’m not using Poe and adding cameras manually, I’m suspecting a bandwidth issue?
I can see the cameras on a browser no problem and using sadp
I’m aware my nvr doesn’t do h265 so clarification and a suitable replacement would be lovely
Thanks

Hi @gwc

The NVR we would recommend now to replace the E-series model you currently have would be the DS-7716NI-M4/16P 16-channel M-series NVR which supports more incoming bandwidth to better support the latest AcuSense & ColorVu cameras.

If all your cameras are remotely connected via separate PoE Injectors/Switches and you don't have any plans in the future to use the PoE ports on the NVR, then there is also a non-PoE version of this NVR - DS-7716NI-M4 - which is slightly cheaper.

Thanks Dan do you have pricing for this please and would it cope with 12 DS-2CD2047G2-L(U) ?
How about the K series with less bandwidth as a cheaper option maybe or the possibility of linking my existing with a new one?
Many thanks

Hi @gwc

We don't share prices here on the forum, anyone can create an account at the webshop to see prices online.

Yes, the M-series models will support 12 x 4MP ColorVu cameras.

The AcuSense K-series NVR - DS-7716NXI-K4 (non-PoE) - is another option, it has enough bandwidth for the cameras and also the AcuSense NVRs allow you to apply AcuSense features to up to 4 non-AcuSense cameras (4 cameras at 1080p/2MP resolution or 2 cameras at 4MP) which might be a useful feature if you are holding on to some of the older cameras as you transition to 12 x 4MP ColorVu cameras.

Back