01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR, can't see IP cameras on the network?

Lowell

I’m a newbie at security recorders and cameras. We have Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR (V3.4.3 build 160822) at our church. We have 6 Hikvision cameras installed, working and recording motion events. The cameras are Hikvision model DS-2CD2122FWD-IS. The existing NVR has never been installed on our network. I’m trying to get the NVR and cameras on the network to use with HIK-Connect. I’ve changed the NVR NIC, selected DCHP and rebooted. Running Advanced IP scanner, it finds the NIC and NVR IP addresses, but no cameras. I’m using Google Chrome. Searching Google, I found that the DS-7608NI-E2/8P doesn’t work with Chrome without installing the IE Tab extension. I installed the extension, I can login to the NVR. I still can’t see the cameras or access their menu. I'm thinking of upgrading the NVR to utilize HIK-Connect. I’m looking at a Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P as a replacement. Ideas and advice please.Camt get

Hi @Lowell

First of all, we don't recommend changing the NVRs NIC address. The NIC address is the address that is used to assign IP addresses to cameras when you connect them directly to the PoE ports on the NVR.

This is probably why you can't see the cameras because you have changed the NVRs NIC but the cameras are still using addresses from that original NIC address range.

We would recommend changing the NIC back to what it was before and then there is something you can try to get the NVR and cameras on Hik-Connect.

The E-series NVRs support remote access via what they call "EZVIZ Cloud P2P" which was the precursor to Hik-Connect, in the EZVIZ Cloud P2P settings on the NVR you should see the option to set a custom cloud server for the NVR to connect to. The default EZVIZ one will probably no longer work as it has been years since Hikvision used this method, but if you manually change that server to litedev.eu.hik-connect.com you might be able to get the NVR added to Hik-Connect by following our forum instructions.

If the above doesn't work then probably a replacement DS-7608NI-I2/8P I-series NVR is the only way to get the system added to Hik-Connect.

(FYI - you might want to try updating the NVR firmware as well because as you will see from the Hikvision Download Portal you are quite a few versions behind [the latest build version in that folder is from this year and your current firmware is from 2016], as you are so far out of date we would recommend updating to V3.4.101 before updating to the latest V3.4.106 build230316)

Dan, Thanks for the info. I was referencing our NVR at our Church. I bought a refurbished NVR from Amazon, its firmware is V3.4.96 build 181107. I've been trying it a home on my network with an unused camera from church. NVR sees the camera. I used the SADP tool, NVR and Camera are active. advanced IP scanner sees the NIC at 192.168.0.200 and the NVR at 192.168.0.140. It doesn't see the camera at 192.168.0.7. I'm using Google Chrome with the IE Tab extension. We need to upgrade

okay,

It sounds like you've tied yourself in knots a bit with the network configuration and maybe the best thing would be to start from scratch with a new NVR that also future-proofs your system by allowing support for newer camera models.

Back