01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Any one know if you can connect the DS-2CD2347G2-LU Camera to the older DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR?

Grinna

Hi all, I have an older model DS-7608NI-E2/8P with firmware V3.4.106 Build 191009. I have purchased a new Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-LU with firmware (5.7.10). I can't seem to connect to the new camera when its connected to the NVR it just won't recognise the camera, I have been able to configure the Camera with a direct web page connection to the PC I'm now starting to think the Firmware on the older Model DS-7608NI-E2/8P is to old to connect to the new camera.

Any one know if you can connect the DS-2CD2347G2-LU Camera to the older DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR ????? I already have 6 Camera's connected with hikconnect and would have liked to have this one as part of that group rather than a seperate camera by its self.

any assistance welcome, thanks all

Hi all, I have an older model DS-7608NI-E2/8P with firmware V3.4.106 Build 191009. I have purchased a new Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-LU with firmware (5.7.10). I can't seem to connect to the new camera when its connected to the NVR it just won't recognise the camera, I have been able to configure the Camera with a direct web page connection to the PC I'm now starting to think the Firmware on the older Model DS-7608NI-E2/8P is to old to connect to the new camera.

Any one know if you can connect the DS-2CD2347G2-LU Camera to the older DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR ????? I already have 6 Camera's connected with hikconnect and would have liked to have this one as part of that group rather than a seperate camera by its self.

any assistance welcome, thanks all
Newer cameras can be connected but there are a couple of things you’ll need to change while logged into the camera.

Log into the camera directly and in the security settings change the two entries from ‘digest’ to ‘digest/basic’.

Additionally the E series does not support H265, so ensure that you set the camera to H264 in video parameters (in the camera)

If you’re going to use AcuSense on the new camera it’ll need to be configured directly on the camera. To get alerts for line crossing, after setting it up on the camera, go to the NVR and enable ‘notify surveillance center’ for VCA alarm on that channel.

Thanks for your help. The camera is still not connecting on the NVR, the NVR goes into discovering then failed with the yellow triangle. I have set the settings as you suggested. I will try some others and see how I go. The main thing I wanted to know was if the camera and firmware on the NVR could communicate because it seems like a communications setting issue.
Thanks again

Thanks for your help. The camera is still not connecting on the NVR, the NVR goes into discovering then failed with the yellow triangle. I have set the settings as you suggested. I will try some others and see how I go. The main thing I wanted to know was if the camera and firmware on the NVR could communicate because it seems like a communications setting issue.
Thanks again
It'll be down to the order in which you've done things. If you've activated the camera on your local network (192.168.xxx.xxx) it'll no longer connect plug and play to the ports on the NVR without either adding it manually (after altering the IP address to 192.168.254.xxx) or resetting the camera completely, then plugging it in.

The newer camera will work with the old NVR - I've had to do this a number of times.

That will be it, you picked it in one ! I did activate the camera on my local network and not on the NVR, I shall go and try to reset the camera and try again

That will be it, you picked it in one ! I did activate the camera on my local network and not on the NVR, I shall go and try to reset the camera and try again
Yeah do a full reset on the camera. Then connect it to the NVR. It will connect but with a black screen, no video. Then using virtual host, connect to the camera webpage through the NVR and make the changes I mentioned. You can also do it without virtual host by connecting a laptop/pc to a spare PoE port on the NVR and setting the laptop IP in the 192.168.254.xxx range. That will allow you to access the NVR at 192.168.254.1 and the cameras at whatever addresses they've been assigned (you can check their addresses in the Configuration > System > System Settings > Camera Management)

Well JB1970 You just saved me hours of frustration. I reset the camera and plugged it into the NVR and it connected within seconds, I didn't have to do anything else it came up in full colour and seems to be working like a dream. I must say i do like the colorVU looks great.
thank you so much again.
Regards wayne

Well JB1970 You just saved me hours of frustration. I reset the camera and plugged it into the NVR and it connected within seconds, I didn't have to do anything else it came up in full colour and seems to be working like a dream. I must say i do like the colorVU looks great.
thank you so much again.
Regards wayne
Perfect. Just make sure it's set to H264 for both main and sub stream. I think it must be already as the usual issue is that the NVR can record H265 but cannot decode it. On the E series NVR there can be sometimes issues when attempting to view in multiscreen format on the locally connected monitor/TV. That NVR (unlike the newer ones) can be set to show the main stream, sub stream or auto switch between the two when going from full to multi screen view.

JB1970 ! Thanks for your help getting the CD2347G2 the other day, works like a dream on the old 7608 E series, really impressed with the colourVu night image, so impressed I decided it was worth the upgrade to the DS-7608NI-M2/8P U and replacing the old camera’s with new ColorVu. Thanks again for your help, it was appreciated. Now to change everything over from the old NVR to the new, that should be fun.

JB1970 ! Thanks for your help getting the CD2347G2 the other day, works like a dream on the old 7608 E series, really impressed with the colourVu night image, so impressed I decided it was worth the upgrade to the DS-7608NI-M2/8P U and replacing the old camera’s with new ColorVu. Thanks again for your help, it was appreciated. Now to change everything over from the old NVR to the new, that should be fun.
No problem. The below is how I would do it to avoid defaulting the cameras. Once you have the new NVR, login to each camera individually. You can probably do this while connected to the old NVR, however I usually prefer to disconnect the cameras and power them from a PoE supply that my laptop is connected to:
  1. In turn login to and reprogram cam 1, cam 2 to IP addresses 192.168.254.101, 102 and so on
  2. Power up the new NVR without the cameras connected.
  3. In the camera setup page, manually change each camera channel from 'Plug and Play' to 'Manual'; then enter the IP address and password and save.
  4. Once complete, connect the cameras to the new NVR. All settings should be maintained.
Of course you can just factory default each camera before plugging it in to the new NVR and then reprogram them. You may also get lucky if you just move them across, as long as you use an identical admin password on the new recorder before connecting them.

I prefer to address cameras manually as described above, as I find it easier when swapping out a camera. I simply activate it, set it's IP address, disconnect the old, plugin the new and it's up and running.

I shall give your option of changing them over a go, don’t arrive here till next week the new NVR and a few Hybrid ColorVu cameras.
Thanks again.

I shall give your option of changing them over a go, don’t arrive here till next week the new NVR and a few Hybrid ColorVu cameras.
Thanks again.
I suppose if you're only moving the one ColorVu across and the rest are being replaced anyway, it'll be just as easy to factory reset the one ColorVu that you have already.

It will be a mix of old and new camera 3 new ColourVu and 5 older 4K cameras. But I get what you mean.

Back