01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-LU - Firmware Upgrade Failed?

Murfy92

Hi,

I currently cannot access my DS-2CD2347G2-LU through the browser. I am on Windows 10 and have tried viewing the page using the Internet Explorer option but no luck. All my other older cameras can be accessed.

I am now trying to upgrade the firmware of my camera using the NVR GUI.
I have downloaded the firmware from here as my camera is white.

Please help as I am trying to set-up 2-way audio but because I cannot access the settings via the web browser I am unable to do so.

Solution
Thanks @Murfy92

So the reason why the firmware wouldn't update via the USB stick is that the firmware you linked above is not the correct one for your model.

The firmware you linked above is a G5 Platform firmware for the newest hardware/software version of your camera, which usually has a (C) at the end of the model number to denote being a G5 model.

Your model is a 1st-gen model and uses the G3 Platform Firmware (see your version in this firmware portal folder) and the latest firmware for your model is 5.5.801_211105

If you try updating the camera via USB stick using this firmware then it should work.
Hi @Murfy92

Is the 2347G2-LU plugged directly into the PoE ports on the NVR or is it connected to a separate PoE injector/switch?

What exactly do you mean by "cannot access the camera"? Can you log in to the camera but can't access any settings or can you not even reach the login page for the camera?

When you say you have tried upgrading via the NVR GUI, is that via a directly connected HDMI/VGA monitor or in a browser?

Upvote 0
Hi Dan,

Appreciate you looking into this.
  1. The camera is plugged into a PoE network switch and the NVR is plugged into the network switch also. (btw is it better to connect the cameras directly to the NVR network ports?).

2. I cannot reach the login page for the camera, see screenshot.

3. I tried upgrading using a monitor directly connected to the NVR. I used a USB stick and then tried upgrading the firmware from NVR GUI but it failed. At the same time, I successfully upgraded another camera's firmware via the NVR GUI on a monitor.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 09.43.25.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 09.43.25.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0
Thanks @Murfy92

There is no advantage/disadvantage to either plugging in directly or to a separate switch, it all just comes down to what works best for your install (e.g. if your camera is far from the NVR it makes more sense to connect the camera elsewhere on the local network rather than run a long cable run to the NVR port).

Have you tried accessing with different browsers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, etc...)?
Can you share a screenshot from the SADP Tool showing the IP addresses of your NVR & cameras?

Upvote 0
Thanks for reply

1. I've tried different browsers Safari, Edge, Chrome and they all give the same error page.
  2. screenshot attached
  3. For my 2347G2-LU I'm trying to set-up 2 way audio
  4. For my 2347G2-LU I'm also trying to set-up so that I can hear the audio in the playback.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 15.35.55.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 15.35.55.png
    216.1 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0
Thanks @Murfy92

So the reason why the firmware wouldn't update via the USB stick is that the firmware you linked above is not the correct one for your model.

The firmware you linked above is a G5 Platform firmware for the newest hardware/software version of your camera, which usually has a (C) at the end of the model number to denote being a G5 model.

Your model is a 1st-gen model and uses the G3 Platform Firmware (see your version in this firmware portal folder) and the latest firmware for your model is 5.5.801_211105

If you try updating the camera via USB stick using this firmware then it should work.

Upvote 1
Solution
Thank you so much Dan, it worked.
I can access the camera via the browser now and it works in the Safari browser as well!

1. if it exists can you point me to a document or thread that explains in simple terms how to work out which firmware to download.
  2. Also, I'm trying to sort the 2-way audio and audio playback - any useful links would be much appreciated.
I hope Hikvsion looks after you cos without your support and this forum most of us would be lost

Upvote 0
Hi @Murfy92

Good to hear the firmware update worked.

In regards to understanding which firmware versions to use, you can look to our Camera Firmware Guide which we try to keep up to date or when logged in to any particular camera you can go to Configuration > System > System Settings > Basic Information and you will see the Firmware Version Property which includes the firmware platform code (e.g. G3, G5, H3, etc...) which can guide you to correct firmware folder in the download portal.

Regarding 2-way audio, check the 4 points in this guide we created as they are the most common reasons for audio not working.

Upvote 0
Back