01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can't get any kind of movement detection to work?

Thank you. I clicked Event, made sure that I had a camera selected, double clicked on a relevant date, and then hovered around the timeline and found the "Space Rule" option. I clicked that, selected the "Line Crossing" option, drew the line and then clicked Search. The red Time Line marker never moved.

I also tried the same procedure with Motion Detection and Intrusion Detection but still didn't get any results.

The suppliers of my system are also onto my problem and they say they are liasing with Hikvision HQ to try and solve the issue but I am now starting to agree with your opinion in #7 about the quality of this software. I will also have a look for the pdf manual on the Hikvision web site.

Having said that, I have received more help from you and one other on this Forum than I have from anywhere else. Thank you.
Two last points as I think I've exhausted suggestions:

1 - Did you try disabling re enabling VCA on each camera as I suggested in post #12 and again in #14? Reading through the posts it seems you disabled/re enabled "Save Camera VCA Data" which is different. There's an option per camera to enable the VCA data to be sent as I showed back in post #2. "Save Camera VCA Data" controls whether the NVR saves what it receives.

2 - Do you have motion detection or line crossing enabled for the cameras? It used to be the case (may not be now) that in order for a VCA search to function, the specific function had to be enabled in the camera. IE you couldn't do a VCA search for motion detection/line crossing if those functions weren't enabled in the event settings. To prove that just enable motion detection full screen for one of the cameras and don't alter any other options. Also set a line crossing alarm across your drive and don't alter any other options. Wait an hour and do a VCA search for motion/line crossing on that camera.

VCA search really should be secondary to pre configuring the events to alert you. Think "someone is stealing my car" vs "who stole my car". My preferred setup is as follows:
  • Configure motion detection for each camera with the default options. If the camera doesn't have AcuSense I'll draw the grid/polygon to avoid anything moving - trees etc. It'll do nothing but mark the event playback timeline making it easier to find.
  • Configure line crossing for each camera but add the "notify surveillance centre" option. This will also mark the event timeline but send push notifications to a phone.
  • VCA search I use to search for motion or a line crossed outside of the area configured above.

Thank you yet again for your help and patience. But I do realise that this may be getting a bit of a bind to you and so please, whenever you feel that you have had enough of my topic please feel free let it go. I am trying to keep up with the technicalities but it isn't easy. Firstly I am no IT expert and secondly, I am nearer 80 than 70 years of age and so things have got a bit more difficult.

I did disable/enable Dual VCA and left things for a few hours but no result.

But with regard to disabling/enabling VCA do I do that on the stand-alone monitor, when I am logged into the VCR from my desktop, or when I am using the actual iVMS software on my desktop ?

I did do that on the S-Alone monitor but maybe I just checked that it was enabled instead of disabling and then enabling it again.

Thank you yet again for your help and patience. But I do realise that this may be getting a bit of a bind to you and so please, whenever you feel that you have had enough of my topic please feel free let it go. I am trying to keep up with the technicalities but it isn't easy. Firstly I am no IT expert and secondly, I am nearer 80 than 70 years of age and so things have got a bit more difficult.

I did disable/enable Dual VCA and left things for a few hours but no result.

But with regard to disabling/enabling VCA do I do that on the stand-alone monitor, when I am logged into the VCR from my desktop, or when I am using the actual iVMS software on my desktop ?

I did do that on the S-Alone monitor but maybe I just checked that it was enabled instead of disabling and then enabling it again.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 17.53.35.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 17.53.35.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 111
You could toggle that dual VCA (which is per camera) on the local monitor or web browser or iVMS - it doesn't matter.

I think what I detailed in "2" is more likely to give you a result (enabling motion detection and line crossing on the cameras). How the NVR handles the camera when it's plugged in depends on the settings of the NVR. By default the channels on your replacement NVR will have been set to 'Plug and Play' which is set to simplify installation and automatically activates and adds a new camera when plugged in. If you were to unplug a camera and plug it back into the same port of the same NVR nothing would change. I'm guessing that when you got your replacement NVR, you kept the same 'admin' password and as your cameras were already programmed (and had that same admin password) they will have connected fine. However when you plugged them in to the new machine, they will have been treated as new cameras and the 'plug and play' setting on the NVR will have wiped the cameras back to their default settings. You probably just need to re enable the motion detection and line crossing that may have been set previously.

I have toggled the Dual VCA on each camera again and I will give it a few hours before testing.
Yes, I did keep the same admin password for the new NVR.
I do have a concern about some of the screens both on the stand-alone monitor and also when I am logged into the NVR when I get a message saying "Live view not available" or words to that effect.

I do have a concern about some of the screens both on the stand-alone monitor and also when I am logged into the NVR when I get a message saying "Live view not available" or words to that effect.
The reason for that depends on where you're viewing. If you're viewing in a web browser it can be a little complicated as everything is dependant on the NVR model, its firmware version and the web browser as to whether it'll play nicely. As a Mac user I'm restricted to iVMS as there's pretty much zero web browser support. You should never see live view failed on the monitor that's connected to the NVR, though it is possible to see "no resource" while on multiscreen if the decoding capabilities of the NVR are exceeded.

I toggled "Dual VCA" on each camera again, left it overnight and just tried VCA but no results from any of the three intrusion options when I know that there has been movements.

I have just found this on my browser :
CCTV44.JPG

It's the "Keep Record Files For 0 Days that doesn't seem right somehow.

I toggled "Dual VCA" on each camera again, left it overnight and just tried VCA but no results from any of the three intrusion options when I know that there has been movements.

I have just found this on my browser :
View attachment 9052

It's the "Keep Record Files For 0 Days that doesn't seem right somehow.
0 days is the correct setting. It’ll only overwrite when the disk is full. You only set a value there if you want it to delete after x days.

Thank you once again. I am getting very frustrated with the agents. They say that they are "communicating with HikVision HQ" over the problem. It just seems totally ridiculous that I had a system that did all that I wanted it to do for 6 years and that when I needed a new NVR (alledgedly ! - I still have the old one) that I can't get back to where I was. I don't want the really fancy stuff like being telephoned when there is an intrusion or audible alarms and stuff like that..

All I want is to be able to find an event when something has happened around the farm, the farm drive or the house drive. As an example we all know some delivery people are too fond of just throwing things over gates instead of delivering items properly and I need proof of such happenings if things turn out to be damaged. The same when vehicles are delivering or collecting from the farm. If they damage anything whilst manouvering the CCTV may be able to show me details and proof.

If i may interject here?
Regarding the iVMS4200 issue .......................... apart from needing to upgrade the version, can i ask if you deleted the previous NVR from the program? & then added your new one? ........................... it appears as if you may be trying to access the cameras that were consistent with the previous NVR.

New NVR: as it hasn't been mentioned, may i suggest to do a Factory Reset, reset everything back to "straight out of box/inactive" and start again

You are more than welcome to join in, especially if you can help me in any way. Welcome.

I really don't know if the previous NVR was deleted from the program or not and the reason for that is that while I did physically install the new NVR in terms of putting the camera, router, HDMI and power cables into the rear of the new box I then allowed a member of staff from the HikVision agents who I had purchased it from to access iVMS and the NVR via my desktop using TeamViewer.

While I was present of course and watching his actions I could not keep up with what he was doing. Is there any way in which I could check that the correct procedure was followed ? If truth be told I am not 100% sure that the member of staff knew entirely what he was supposed to be doing but that maybe very unfair on my part. I do still have my old NVR if any numbers etc. could be checked anywhere.

There has been a development on this matter - of sorts ! The distributors have set up a system like mine with an identical NVR and the VCA facility is as tempremental as mine is apparently. They approached HIkVision and they have also witnessed the same problem and have set an R & D team on to the problem to try and sort it out. I will report back here if and when things progress.

Still nothing to report I'm sorry to say ! Firstly the chap who is helping me at the distributors has been on holiday and I was told that the R & D team at HikVision who are supposed to be looking into solving the problem are on holiday this week.

Is there anyone on this Forum for whom VCA is still working ?

Back